Parenting after a Loss
Options

So the past 2 days I have given DD dairy...

Yogurt yesterday & today and also Mac n Chs today. And it didn't seem to bother her one bit. Poops still the same...her normal happy self. So far, so good. Maybe she outgrew the milk allergy???

I hope I didn't just jinx it...

Re: So the past 2 days I have given DD dairy...

• Options
    That would be AWESOME!
  • Options
    That would be so great! I hope she did.  Keep us posted!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yay baby Hailey, good job!
  • Options
    Don't get too excited. DD can eat almost anything, but when we started switching her to whole milk - we started having issues. She's back on a good bit of formula now to see if that's really the problem.
  • Options

imagevalkaz:
    Don't get too excited. DD can eat almost anything, but when we started switching her to whole milk - we started having issues. She's back on a good bit of formula now to see if that's really the problem.

Yea definitely not even touching milk based formula or even cows milk for awhile.

• Options

Cheese and yogurt are a little different than "whole milk" because of the enzymes, bacteria and the proteins have been altered.

Avery doesn't have milk allergies but... I can't drink a glass of milk, or have milk and cereal because her tummy will hurt.  I can eat yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, etc all day long and it doesn't bother her (I'm BFing)

• Options
    wanted to add - that I am glad though it hasn't bothered her! yay! 
  • Options
    I will be doing a happy dance if that is the case! Milk allergy be damned!!
  • Options
    imagesdkrlm:

Cheese and yogurt are a little different than "whole milk" because of the enzymes, bacteria and the proteins have been altered.

Avery doesn't have milk allergies but... I can't drink a glass of milk, or have milk and cereal because her tummy will hurt.  I can eat yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, etc all day long and it doesn't bother her (I'm BFing)

When I EP'd all of those things were bothering her...and I never drank milk during that time (I am not a milk drinker at all) =( Of course when I supplemented with milk based formula it went into full force and was terrible for her.  Thats when it became crystal clear it was a milk protein allergy otherwise it was chalked up to reflux when that wasnt the case entirely. 

• Options
    imageMrs.Mclstar48:
    imagesdkrlm:

When I EP'd all of those things were bothering her...and I never drank milk during that time (I am not a milk drinker at all) =( Of course when I supplemented with milk based formula it went into full force and was terrible for her.  Thats when it became crystal clear it was a milk protein allergy otherwise it was chalked up to reflux when that wasnt the case entirely. 

I think Hailey definitely had a bad case of it!  I hope that she outgrew it then!  It is just interesting to me that a glass of milk will give Avery tummy trouble and gas but I can eat whatever else

• Options
    imageMrs.Mclstar48:

imagevalkaz:

Yea definitely not even touching milk based formula or even cows milk for awhile.

My older son had a problem with whole milk.  He could eat dairy foods (cheese, yogurt, etc.) w/o any issues, but as soon as I gave him milk to drink, he'd get hyperactive and a god awful diaper rash.  That was the case well into his toddler years.  He's 13 now, and may have outgrown it, but he's drank soy milk for so long, he says he prefers the taste.

• Options
    She very well could have. DS was diagnosed with one around 4mo and it was gone by about 6.5mo!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"