2nd Trimester

Seriously, who says that?

I'm laying on my bed resting and trying to stay cool when DH's uncle walks by my bedroom door. He stops, laughs, then proceeds to tell me that I look like a beached whale and laughs some more. Seriously? It's annoying enough that he reminds me all the time about how big I'm getting but today he calls me a beached whale?! It took all of DH's energy not to do some physical damage. Grr some people shouldn't have the option of speaking!

Re: Seriously, who says that?

• Um...wow. Rude much?

Sorry you had to deal with that. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ugh. ?Sorry you have to deal with that. ?Some guys are such asshats.?

You're only 19 weeks. ?Whatever! ?I would tell your DH to tell him to lay off. ?

• Loading the player...
  • DH did speak to him so did FIL actually. Yay for my team!
  • totally should have shot back with a "at least i'm pregnant, what's your excuse?" how RUDE!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I personally like the response...yes, but i'll lose my belly in a few months...how about you? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow!!!  I mean, wow!!!  I really don't know what else to say to that, other than, wow!!
  • Where do people get off? Sounds like he is an arogant gerk. Pay him no mind. He obvisouly isn't worth your time. My boss' wife asked me if I was sure I didn't have "two in there?" As if we were expecting twins... I was upset...
  • Oh I have gotten the twins question many times, no people, trust me! I'm sorry you had that to, so not fun.

If I could have retorted with a belly comment for him I would have but he's extremely skinny. The only thing I can think of as an insult is that at least I didn't drink and drug myself into a stupor where I can't remember anyone's name or what I said to them a few minutes prior.

I seriously don't get it where people feel they have the right to make comments like that to anyone, pregnant or not. Grr...thank you all for letting me vent.

• How rude!  Glad you had everyone sticking up for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"