Parenting
Options

Tell me your tips for

traveling with your toddler. We are leaving tomorrow around lunch-time for the beach. We are hoping DS will fall asleep about 2 hours down the road and if he naps like he does at home that would put him waking up right around the time we get there close to 4pm. It's a 4 hour trip.

Please give me any tips you have on getting us through this ride, just in case he doesn't nap- which is highly possible. I have a bag full of cars, books and snacks. Anything else you can think of? Oh and we have a DVD player. He normally doesn't sit still long enough at home to watch a movie but we'll see if he will in the car-who knows. Thanks

Re: Tell me your tips for

• Options

Earplugs.

Seriously, it sounds like you have everything.  Bring some water so you don't get parched talking and singing all those songs.

Me with my littlest.
  • Options
    DS is really into playing "I Spy" right now. We make it obvious ("I spy a white car" - when it is right in front of us, "I Spy Daddy", etc). He also is INTO pointing out every.single.bridge.and.overpass. and all of us yelling "1, 2, 3 WHEEEEEE!" as we go under.  Lord, it is all mind numbing but it works!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get about 30 new books from the library and DD "reads" them in the car.  She loves it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"