2nd Trimester
Options

So tonight DH and I watched Twilight....

And we feel robbed of time that we will never get back. The movie was so anticlimatic! What is up with all the hype over how great a movie it was? Did we just miss something?

Re: So tonight DH and I watched Twilight....

• Options

Did you read the book?

I have the same problem with the Harry Potter movies. They leave out so much, change things, and can't make the cliffhangers as great as they are in the book.

• Options

imageDMBMamma:
    And we feel robbed of time that we will never get back. The movie was so anticlimatic! What is up with all the hype over how great a movie it was? Did we just miss something?

THIS!!

I HATED that movie?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think that if you read the books it'd seem more exciting. And, if you read the whole series, then it'd be even more exciting. Also, you gotta kind like that whole "fantasy" genre. :)
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I thought the movie was horri-bad but really amusing (was buzzed when I saw it with a bunch of ladies from my local board at a 21 & over showing where they served alcohol). Going with a large group of women who loved the series still didn't make the movie better, I think booze was a moderate improvement.

Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • Options
    imagegosse1km:

Did you read the book?

I have the same problem with the Harry Potter movies. They leave out so much, change things, and can't make the cliffhangers as great as they are in the book.

No, I haven't read the book(s). But I can see how things were left out of the movie to keep it simple, and under 2 hours, therefore the movie seemed to lack a lot.

• Options

LOL, that was my first question: "Did you read the book?"

Movies are never as good.  Plus, the books are sort of the same way - you have to read all four before you really feel like the story has ended.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageJessie0706:
    I think that if you read the books it'd seem more exciting. And, if you read the whole series, then it'd be even more exciting. Also, you gotta kind like that whole "fantasy" genre. :)

I read the whole series before watching the movie.  The movie still sucked.  The acting was awful  :P  I know the story is meant for teenage girls, but I like Rob Patterson a whole lot more when he keeps his mouth shut  lol

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    sam19sam19 member
    I have no desire to see this movie and you are just reaffirming my decision. I mean, sparkling vampires? Too teen bopper to me. I remember these high school aged girls I knew talk about how they've already seen it "OH EM GEE LIKE 5 FRIGGIN TIMES ALREADY!" I also think Robert Pattinson (or however that is spelled) is freakin nasty looking. Take a damn shower, please!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Options

The book is MUCH better, in fact I had to make myself put it down, I read it soo quickly. I haven't started the 2nd book yet because I have too much to do, and don't have the time!

• Options
    imageamorris2@harding.edu:

imageDMBMamma:

THIS!!

I HATED that movie 

You are not alone. 

• Options
    Soap1Soap1 member

To be honest, I thought the book(s) AND the movie were completely awful.

That being said, I've gone through both twice :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    the movie was definitely a sad disappointed compared to the book.?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I read the series first and yes the writing is tough to get through, it was written pretty poorly. That being said, it was a way to keep me occupied while I was home with nothing to do. The movie however was really bad. The acting was horrible and they skipped over all of the actual "good" parts. You are not alone.

• Options
    imageBecky262:

imageJessie0706:

I read the whole series before watching the movie.  The movie still sucked.  The acting was awful  :P  I know the story is meant for teenage girls, but I like Rob Patterson a whole lot more when he keeps his mouth shut  lol

This.

Rob is cute, but every time I see him I want to haul him off and scrub him down, like in the Axe commercials. 

• Options
    I liked the movie but the movie does NOT compare to the books.. not even close!
  • Options

I read and loved the books... but the movie left me really bored.

and dh HATED it.

-------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    twilight = tween crap.
  • Options

The movie sucked.  The book was okay.  The serieswas awesome.

Book 3 and 4 make the first 2 books worth it, IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"