Infertility

Clomid questions

Know there are lot of experts out there...

Last night was my last pill (days 5-9).  I normally have nightsweats (what started this whole IF diagnosis thing)-  but last nights left me soaking wet.  Same when I took a nap today.   I hadn?t really felt any different since starting the Clomid, so I thought I would get off without any side effects, but maybe not.  I have felt mini hot flashes today.  When do the side effects kick in for most people?  How long do they last? 

Re: Clomid questions

• I actually felt the s/e pretty early with mood swings. I usually am not very moody, and I also tend to feel s/e from all meds very quickly so I felt them soon after I started taking the meds.
    imageimage Nest Bio I My Blog 2011 Races: Robbins Run 5K Trail Run- 4/23/11 Turkey Hill Country Classic 5K- 5/7/11 MHA Ladies 5K- 6/4/11 Hershey Half Marathon- 10/16/11 Amish Country Half Marathon- 11/5/11 Turkey Trot 5K 11/24/11 Jingle Bell Run 12/11/11 Kris Kringle 5 Miler 12/18/11
  • Hot flashes were my biggest s/e!  First time on 100mg I had a killer headache every day for a week (during and after taking the pills). Other cycles, I have had no s/e at all. Consider yourself lucky!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been really lucky and haven't really had any SE's with Clomid. My RE suggested taking in ~100oz/day of G2 or Propel, something with lots of electrolytes and vitamins in it. I am sick to death of Gatorade, but have missed all the SE's.

GL!

• I have bad nightsweats too and they were way worse when I was on clomid.  I also started to get hot flashes on day 7 and they lasted a few days. 
    DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
  • Mine started late in the pill-taking period, and lasted throughout my cycle.

• Thanks ladies.

Mrs K- if you do not mind me asking- what is your diagnosis?  I have hypothalamic amenorrhea.  RE says that even though  my b/w is normal, lack of estrogen is causing the night sweats.  They are terrible!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"