2nd Trimester

itchy all over

I am 24 weeks pregnant and about a week ago my belly and nipples started to get really itchy which seems normal because i haven't really gotten any stretch marks yet so i thought it was that ... as the week went on my thighs began getting very itchy now... now its both of my entire legs, ankles and arms as well as my belly and nipples... I don't know if its really a rash because if I stop itching it , its not as noticeable

i went to see the doctor and she basically said stop itching, stop using cocoa butter and gave me Galaxal base cream.... ive been using the cream for 3 days now but i still dont have any relief.. benedryl doesnt seem to do much! but im trying not to scratch i think thats whats making it worse 

has anyone else ever had this and how long did it last?

Re: itchy all over

• soak in a baby oil bath
  • Do you have a latex allergy?  I have the same sensitivity to cocoa butter and shea butter.  Both of those ingredients are chemically similar to latex and can cause this type of reaction.  I have ultrasensitive skin and have had simmilar reactions to cocoa butter.   I do this:  take a warm shower with dove soap, wash two or three times and rinse completely.  The cocoa butter is in your pores so you will have to work to get it all out.  Don't put anything on your skin afterwards.  If it gets really bad try an oatmeal bath.  When I had that kind of reaction to cocoa butter I had to bathe 2 times a day to get it to stop for about three days. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"