Parenting

Help Me MAKE Dinner!

my h is leaving in a week for 2 mo for work. i am usually not a big cooker, we order out quite a bit. please help me with recipes for dinner. i want to make dinner all week before he leaves. the problem is he is very picky (i am too). he does not eat anything with tomato sauce or any kind of fish. help! any easy recipes or ideas?

thanks

Re: Help Me MAKE Dinner!

• I just made the PW chix spaghetti tonight - super easy.

How about her mexi lasagna?  Or enchilada's?  My dh loves meatloaf and twice baked potatoes, you could do chili and corn bread, chix and rice....all that stuff is really easy.  My go to is the PW website...tons of easy stuff and it's all really good :)

• Stir fry, grilled chicken, grilled steak, grilled veggies, breakfast for dinner, soup with salad/sandwiches, pasta salad ... that's about all I can think of.  We cook with a lot of tomato sauces here.

• Loading the player...
  • that is the thing.... he does not like tomato sauce.... so much is ruled out. that includes, any lasagna, chili, or almost anything italian or mexican. see... it is really hard to find things to cook dinner for him. he is too picky.
  • You can make a turkey breast and get a few different meals out of it.  Some of the meals can be the turkey dinner, turkey soup and turkey pot pie. 

You can make a roast beef with that you can cut it thin and make fajitas, the roast beef dinner and stir fry.

Roast a chicken and have that for dinner one night, then make soup, stir fry, lomien, chicken salad or tacos

Roasted pork tenderloin dinner, pork fajitas, pulled pork

roast potatos in foil packs then make left overs into a warm potato salad

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I'm not a HUGE cook either, but do tend to cook easy things. So, here are a few suggestions.

Tacos, Fettuchine Alfredo (I have a VERY easy and yummy recipe from Cooking Light if you want it), Barbeque Chicken. Similar to tacos, Old El Paso has a Chicken Enchilada kit that is EXTRA yummy and very easy. :)

Marcey
    Kaden William 11/4/06 and Dawson Michael 6/30/10
    Dawson's first birthday - at the zoo
  • Oooh, another EASY yummy idea is to buy a rotiserie chicken from the store and just reheat it.
    Marcey
    Kaden William 11/4/06 and Dawson Michael 6/30/10
    Dawson's first birthday - at the zoo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"