2nd Trimester

Anyone develop "new" allergies?

So, I never take my wedding ring off, but I noticed it was itching more than normal, so I take it off and I have this horrific, oozy, (sorry) rash all the way around my finger!!! I called my doctor and she said it's not uncommon for pregnant women to develop allergies to new things, jewelry being a big one. I asked about buying a fake one for after the rash goes away but she said not to even bother as it could just cause more problems.

I guess on the upside, even though I can't wear my ring, I have this lovely rash to show I used to wear one :P

Anyone else develop random allergies?

Re: Anyone develop "new" allergies?

• Yikes!! No, this never happened to me, goodness! Hope it heals up fast!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My sensitivity to milk products has gotten a lot less severe since getting pregnant.  I used to not be able to eat ice cream or cheese and now it does not bother me at all to eat these things.  Go figure.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • That sucks! My dairy allergy got 10x worse but I don't think I have any new ones (I had a lot to start with)

I do get really bad nose bleeds never had those before

Diagnosed with ML type II at 1 year, a progressively destructive disorder. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker check out my blog http://mommaskye.blogspot.com/ Expecting a little boy! Diagnosed with ML type II at 19 weeks Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageyellowtulips80:

My sensitivity to milk products has gotten a lot less severe since getting pregnant.  I used to not be able to eat ice cream or cheese and now it does not bother me at all to eat these things.  Go figure.

I'm completely opposite.  I used to drink a couple glasses of milk a day but it makes me so sick now.  Totally sucks!  I miss milk and cereal.

• Not yet I find that my allergies I had before bother me less.  Sorry to hear about that.  I hope it get better fast.
  • I meant to ask...did she say if the sensitivity would go away after birth so you could wear your ring again??
  • imagecbjpl31:
    I meant to ask...did she say if the sensitivity would go away after birth so you could wear your ring again??

Yes, thank God. She said I should be able to wear it again no problem after I have my little boy.

Oh the sacrifices we make, lol.

• imagecbjpl31:
    imageyellowtulips80:

My sensitivity to milk products has gotten a lot less severe since getting pregnant.  I used to not be able to eat ice cream or cheese and now it does not bother me at all to eat these things.  Go figure.

I'm completely opposite.  I used to drink a couple glasses of milk a day but it makes me so sick now.  Totally sucks!  I miss milk and cereal.

Uhg! I have been drinking so much milk, I would be devestated if I couldn't.

• Curious - is your ring white gold by chance?  I ask because when we were ring shopping I told that it's actually an alloy and contains some nickel.  I have a nickel sensitivity, so I steered clear of the white gold and went with yellow gold.  I haven't worn a watch, bracelts, non-gold earrings, etc... in years.  

The cheapie rings are heavy on the nickel, so they would definitely cause a problem.  If I get to a point where my ring won't fit, I'll just have to go ringless.

• imageAndi98989:

Curious - is your ring white gold by chance?  I ask because when we were ring shopping I told that it's actually an alloy and contains some nickel.  I have a nickel sensitivity, so I steered clear of the white gold and went with yellow gold.  I haven't worn a watch, bracelts, non-gold earrings, etc... in years.  

The cheapie rings are heavy on the nickel, so they would definitely cause a problem.  If I get to a point where my ring won't fit, I'll just have to go ringless.

Hmm, I wasn't aware. Maybe that's why? I'll have to try some of my yellow gold (after my rash heals) and see if I can at least wear a plain yellow gold one or something.

Btw - My little sister just graduated from GVSU. She works at the JW Marriot in town right now and has lived in down town Grand Rapids for about 4 years now. :)

• I also have had rash problems, although it was when the weather changed from cold to hot suddenly- ended up being heat rash.

I've heard other people developing allergies or irritations because of the hormone changes.

• i now get hiccups when i eat anything spicy (which is almost daily!). not as big a deal as your new allergy though, sorry :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemrsxoxo1598:
    i now get hiccups when i eat anything spicy (which is almost daily!). not as big a deal as your new allergy though, sorry :(

Ooooh. I LOVE spicy food. Although more on the mexican side of spicy, rather than the Indian. My DH makes the BEST homemade salsa with jalapenos and habaneros (sp?).  If you aren't used to it beware! It burns just as much going in as coming out! lol. Sooooo good though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"