Parenting

How much do you spend on groceries for two weeks?

Break it down into food and non food (diapers, paper towels, etc)

We are a family of four and we spend about $300-$350  (sometimes $400 if it's time for a Sam's trip) every two weeks.  This doesn't include grocery store runs in between for things we run out of (milk, cereal, etc).  I'm trying to cut back but I think I do pretty good already, using coupons, buying store brand when cheaper, buying mostly things mostly on sale, etc.   

So, what do you spend so I can compare? :)

Re: How much do you spend on groceries for two weeks?

• We are a family of 3 and we spend $400 every two weeks. DH eats an absurb amount of healthy ($$$) food though.

ETA: Sorry I didn't break it down but the $200 weekly is for both food and paper products/cleaning supplies.

*Corrina born August 30, 2006* *Kaya born August 6, 2009* brimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We average $200-$250 each week.  It seems like a lot but we buy a lot of produce, etc.  I don't think I've ever left Whole Foods without spending less than $100. 
  • Loading the player...
  • we are a family of three. we usually spend around $200 a week (that includes food and ect.). that does not include that we order dinner sometimes 3 times a week, but i usually make dd's dinner.
  • I don't buy diapers, or household items at the grocery very often.  I spend about $200 to $250 just on food every 2 weeks all in (except going out to eat, which I spend about $100 per month and DH spends about $200).  This probably includes about $30 in alcohol.  I do not buy much processed food, but what I do buy tends to be more expensive, like Amy's or other organic entrees I get for DD for the nights that she can't/won't eat what we do. 

• It really varies, but on average I'd say we spend about $250-$300 on groceries every two weeks. I use to be able to be able keep it quite a bit lower, but groceries seem to be getting more expensive and the packages are shrinking sizes. That does not count household supplies, pet supplies or diapers since I don't get those items at the grocery store anyhow.
  • I am a family of 5 and have a $500 per month budget for food/diapers/cleaning products/toiletries. I try to keep my diapers at less than $.18 a piece. I pretty much only buy whatever produce and meat is on sale. Cleaning supplies/toiletries I buy very infrequently and I when I do I get most of my stuff for free or less than $1 because of coupons and sales. The rest of my food budget is also almost all coupon and sale items. It has taken me a while to get to this point and I'm very proud that I have been able to scale back my budget so much.

ETA: I guess that if I were to break it down I probably spend $200 every other week on food and that includes ordering out and trips to the convenience store for milk and eggs and what not and then another $25/week on diapers/toiletries/etc.?

Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • Sorry can't really break it down but we spend $650 on average a month on groceries, diapers, etc plus we eat out at least once a week since I don't really cook on weekends but it's getting a lot more expensive!  I'm bad with coupons:(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"