1st Trimester

5 weekers

Today marks week 5 for me and I was curious to know how the rest of you are feeling?

I am struggling with crying over nothing.  For the past three days I have cried 2-3 times.  Other than the general worries of being newly pg and not really having much control over this process right now I am not anxious or sad.  But then big fat tears just flow out of my eyes and I cannot stop them.  I am afraid of it happening at work.

Physically, I am tired, mildly nauseas (come/goes in waves) and my boobs hurt.  DH is nagging me to walk on our treadmill and I just have no motivation to do it let alone let my boobs jiggle (despite a power sports bra...just putting it on hurts)!  I understand that this is his baby too but I am irritated that he asks me everyday if I am going to walk on the treadmill.  When I am feeling better I will do it.

Re: 5 weekers

• I'm just a hair further along and today my mom asked if I was going to be feeling up for Body Pump this week at the gym... I told her I'd think about it.

Grrr... She asked nicely, but still when I can hardly make it out of bed in the morning, I'm thinking that Body Pump is a bit far fetched.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am tired, bloated, gassy, belching, and with heartburn. I'm afraid m/s will make an appearance in the next couple of weeks. My DH will like to add moody to the list.

And anxiously waiting for our first OBGYN appt next Thursday. It can't be here soon enough!

• Loading the player...
  • I am doing fairly well. I am just very exhausted all the time. I come close to crying fairly often but am still keeping that under control... for now. I almost thought I was going to lose my lunch at church today, that was a first. My boobs hurt a lot when I wake up at night to pee.

I completely understand the no motivation to exercise. It takes all my energy just to do daily stuff around the house much less walk on a treadmill. I am trying to do some daily stretching.

• Painful boobs, mild cramping, and suffering from inertia.  Sitting on the couch has been my activity of choice, even though I know inside that I really want to (and need to!) be working out.  Just going for walks more often is on my to-do list.  Even my two-pound fluctuation since our BFP hasn't been enough motivation for me...  Maybe the surge in nice weather this week will help.
    Photobucket
    My two angels

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sorry to hear that you're crying so much. :(  The fatigue is definitely hitting me this week. I've felt on and off nausea but not too bad. My boobs are really sore and I'm considering getting one of the sleeping bras because they hurt when I take my bra off. I've been trying to motivate myself to use the treadmill but naps just keep winning out. Hopefully tomorrow... My first ultrasound is this Friday, I can't wait!
  • Sorry you're feeling so worn out :(

The one bit of advice that my gyno said before I even started trying was that I should start exercising before I got pg, because if I didn't get in the habit then, I sure wasn't going to when I was feeling poorly in my first tri!  :)  I think he was right because it's kind of a struggle to even get out to walk the dog some days.. but since the weather is nice I'm trying to walk her a little longer than usual and counting that as exercise.

As for me, not much nausea but mild waves once in awhile, which usually goes away if I can get a burp to happen ... tired,  HUNGRY, and mild cramps sometimes.  I had one night where my boobs hurt so bad that i had to carry them to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

• My poor boobs.  They hurt SO BAD!  I'm a pretty blessed girl to begin with, but they are definitely bigger and extremely sore.

But, that's pretty much the only thing.  I was really bloated last week, but this week I've been fine.  Occasionally I get cramps - but they go away when I drink water.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I THINK I am about 8 weeks right now, and I completely understand how you are feeling. I have really relished my afternoon naps, but I haven't done anything productive with my time apart from work. I got a prenatal yoga dvd that I like (so far). It has three different trimester examples to follow, but I got so tired 20 minutes in, that I haven't yet finished it!!! Ahh!!! I have a treadmill, too, and I haven't touched it. I am sure it would make me feel better though. I have been sleeping in a bra that is similar to a sports bra. It has helped with my tenderness, which fluctuates regularly between just sore and OUCH! I have heard that your energy perks back up after the 1st trimester! I am hoping for that!!!

Congratulations to all!!?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm exactly 5 weeks today too.  Overall I would say I'm not feeling too different.  My boobs are a tiny bit sore and I get a little light-headed here and there but nothing serious.  I also have had a tiny bit of nausea, but I'm not sure if its real or in my head.  I definitely know what your're talking about with the worry though.

As far as exercising, I've actually not been doing too bad.  DH and I went for a walk early this morning and went on another after dinner tonight.  I always find it easier to get out there and be active when someone is around to do it with me.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLuv-a-Bug:

The one bit of advice that my gyno said before I even started trying was that I should start exercising before I got pg, because if I didn't get in the habit then, I sure wasn't going to when I was feeling poorly in my first tri!  :) 

Sadly, I have been really good about walking 30-60 minutes every other day on my treadmill since January (when we decided to get ready to TTC).  I think that's why DH keeps asking.  I have just been so tired.  Doesn't help that I think I just got over my jet lag from traveling to New Zealand.  I got home on the 21st and got my BFP the next morning.

imageLuv-a-Bug:

I had one night where my boobs hurt so bad that i had to carry them to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Me too!  I am wearing a shelf-bra tank to bed but they still feel like I need to hold them down.  At work I have been wearing my bra with a shaper tank over to really contain them under my blouses and Friday was casual day and I skipped the tank under my shirt.  I found myself holding on to them when I was up/walking around and had to check myself.  EEK! 

• Hey, we'll work out in our second trimesters, right?  Wink  Okay, is this your first baby?  Because DH needs to be catering to your every need, not nagging you to do something that hurts.  He needs a stern talking-to!  Mine was horrible in my first pregnancy, but this time around (after a year of my telling him how UN-helpful it was to have him nagging me) he is being wonderful.  Let him know it's his job to wipe your tears, not cause them! 
    Hope you feel better soon!

• I'm actually feeling pretty great. My boobs aren't nearly as sore as they have been (or am I just getting used to it?). I haven't had any m/s yet, but am waiting for it to hit. I've just been really, really tired....I took a nap on the deck today while DH did yardwork for 2 hours. It felt soo good, but also made me feel a tad guilty. Just in the last two days, I've noticed the bloat, which is no fun.

• I'm a  freaking mess. Moody and sick.
  • Well my m/s started yesterday at 5 wks 4 days. I threw up around 10am both yesterday and today so I assume it'll continue like that. Which totally sucks as I don't know how I'll handle it at work. We are a small office and I'm afraid someone will notice me getting sick. I haven't even told my parents yet so I'm not going to tell my work.

Other than my boobs hurting, backaches, the UTI I got last week, tiredness and insomnia, I'm doing great! It took me 18 mos to get pregnant so I'm trying to keep positive about how utterly crappy I feel.

ETA: I cried while watching Sister Act 2 today...um, yeah the part at the end when they win the singing competition was just too much for my fragile emotions.

• I have been using my at home couch gym. hah. Seems I know that I should be working out, and did regularly before I got pregnant, but man I am just exhausted! No MS- thank goodness (athough I probably just jinxed myself!). My boobs are out of control and hurt even to look at them!   

• I am 5wks today also ?:O)
    I feel a little tired when I am outside walking for long periods?
    I was SOOO tired weeks 3 & 4 but I think I am snapping out of it now

I have been in really great spirits.. Actually freakishly happy is my version of emotional PG lady?
    Sorry you are emotional now & I hope that changes for you ?
    Summer 2011
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers ~early M/C 4/09 ~ Ectopic 6/09~ BFP 11/09~
  • di0607di0607 member
    I'm about a week earlier than what my ticker says and m/s hit on Monday. I'm sick as anything. If my mom asked me to take a power anything class or my DH asked me to walk on the treadmill they would get thrown up on within seconds of opening their mouth. They know better! Moving and breathing is an effort right about now. I'm struggling taking care of DS right now, I feel so sick at times. I just wish I would actually throw up I would probably feel better. With DS I was sick just like this from 5.5 weeks to 14 weeks and than from 34 weeks until I delivered.
  • i have had a very strong gag reflex that started a few days ago, but no m/s yet.  my boobs are a little sore and i am more tired.  i am having a hard time getting moving in the mornings, which is when i workout.  this means i skipped two days last week :( 

other than that, i have been okay.  no cramps or anything (knock on wood).  

• I have to tell I thought I was just going to puke my brains out for 3 months straight...right now I'd pray for it!!!  I have the most painful gas, bloating to where my "fat clothes" don't fit, a gag at random things and I pray for nap time at 10:30 am at work!!!

I had a different idea about mood swings too...recently started getting weird food aversions and smaller appetite (but hungry more often) and each time I find something I just can't eat anymore I ahve to literally talk myself out of crying!!!!

My boobs are also crazy painful.  I can't wait to take my bra off at night.  I started at just below an A cup and my DBF is chomping at the bit but knows better than to touch them right now....poor thing!

The heartburn is more annoying than painful, yet chronic.  Tums helps sometimes but then I worry what side effects, if any, does that have?

Isn't being pregnant a joy? At least we all have each other to help out right now!

• Oh, I'm so glad I found this thread!  I thought I was being such a baby!  (no pun intended:))  I have had crying bouts, mood swings, nausea, insomnia, exhaustion, bloating, heartburn, stuffy sinuses, headaches, VERY sore boobs, cramps, etc, etc, etc!  Everything got worse RIGHT when I found out I was pregnant, too, so I felt silly suddenly complaining to my husband about all these symptoms.  All your posts definitely make me feel better though---it's funny that with all the pregnant friends/coworkers/etc I've had, I never realized how early you get all these symptoms!  Well, here's to hoping that we feel that glowy, wonderful joy of pregnancy sooner than later:)

Thanks, ladies!

• I'm going okay...I've been really tired this weekend, and it has felt GREAT to indulge myself in naps and going to bed early. 

My boobs are really sore and the only time I feel relief is when I wear a sports bra and don't move.  

Congratulations to everyone!

• I feel bloated, boobs slightly sore.  MS didn't kick in until week 6 with first baby, so'll we see....right now, I am feeling fine in that regard...
  • For the most part, I've only been tired and hungry with a few moments of light-headedness and queasiness. 

However, I was on bedrest this weekend due to some spotting with a couple of small clots :-(   Hopefully when I talk to my dr tomorrow morning, she'll have me come in to check on things, rather than continue the bedrest...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebabydragonsister:

Hey, we'll work out in our second trimesters, right?  Wink  Okay, is this your first baby?  Because DH needs to be catering to your every need, not nagging you to do something that hurts.  He needs a stern talking-to!  Mine was horrible in my first pregnancy, but this time around (after a year of my telling him how UN-helpful it was to have him nagging me) he is being wonderful.  Let him know it's his job to wipe your tears, not cause them! 
    Hope you feel better soon!

Yes, first baby for both of us.  I know he wants to be helpful, but nagging will not motivate me.  Same goes with what I am or am not eating.  UGH!

It's been nice to read these replies and know that I am not alone. 

• My ticker is also ahead of what the Dr. thinks I am.

I am SO tired. We drove up to LA to share the news with my family and today we drove home. Of the 2 1/2 hour car drive, I slept the full 2 1/2 hours! Not like me, but I am not sleeping through the night. I have woken up at 2:52am three nights in a row. My Dad said maybe it's my body getting me used to those night feedings....hahaha!

My boobs are very sore as well and I'm not well endowed so the slighty bigger size is good but I can't do anything with them!

I thought I had m/s but then realized it was from taking my prenatal vitamins on an empty stomach.

As for crying, I was watching the re-cap episode of Tori and Dean and when Tori had her baby girl, I bawled.

I am on "couch rest" for the next few days due to some bleeding. I can only imagine the tears I will shed watching Th Price is Right! I guess Beaches and Steel Magnolias will have to wait until after January. :)

• I'm feeling pretty decent. Not eating a heck of a lot, quite thirsty though. Still taking my gym classes, although I have toned down my spinning class since I realised how high my heart rate gets.  Boobs finally "kicked in" yesterday, before that nothing,,, all of a sudden, HELLO LADIES!

• I would cry over everything my entire first pregnancy, and for about 4 months post pardum, apparently it can be a normal side affect. Luckily I don't have that yet with theis pregnancy, but it has been replaced with nausia.
  • I'm almost 6 weeks and still feeling great. Nausea/puking are starting to happen, but not too bad.
  • Im almost to 5 weeks and just feeling so tired, hungry and dizzy on occassion.  I did almost get sick when DH and I drove past a McDonalds this weekend.  Holy Moly it smelled awful to me.  My first ultra sound is friday.
  • Hi!!  Congratulations:)  I'm on week 5 too. 

I'm not having the crying issue too much, although I did have a bit of a wig out on Saturday.  Husband is bugging me about going to the gym, but I have no energy.  I seriously want to just sit on the couch and watch Ghost Hunters all day.  I have been going for walks though.  The girls are very sore, but some days are better than others.  I sleep in a sports bra every night now.  I'm really tired like you.  After work, I am exhausted and have been napping occasionally (Friday--2 hours).  A little nauseous, but haven't thrown up and can still eat enough.  A few little cramps/twinges here and there.  Again, some days are better than others.  Sometimes, I feel like I'm not pregnant at all, which is a little freaky.  I keep the + pregnancy tests out on the bureau because I still can't believe it sometimes!!

Good luck!!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It is nice to see so many people in the same boat as me! I am just 6 weeks and feel awful! I managed to do laundry yesterday for the first time in a week. The hubs and I tried to do a little cleaning because I could. Other than that I have no energy. It is strange because I used to have trouble sleeping and now it is all I want to do!?

I have tender breasts and am nauseated all the time. I also feel dizzy at times. ?

• 5 wks and 1 day here as well....

Very moody.  No waterworks yet but am annoyed easily and wish everyone at work would just ignore me. HA! Nausea comes and goes but no puking yet. Mild cramping has not returned for a few days now.  The fatigue comes and goes.  My boobs are heavier and look more plump than I would like.  Summers are slow at my job so luckily I get to do lunch time workouts because if I had to go at my usual 6PM I think I would be very very delinquent.  SO so tired after work I am having a hard time staying awake on the train!  I will say that even when I am tired and dragging to the gym at lunch it does give me an energy burst once I get moving.  However, I want to punch DH when he discusses my workouts when I'm not KU so I hear ya.

Looking forward to first appt. this Thurs. Yay!

• Sigh. Don't worry. I'm pregnant with my second and don't have the boob thing this time, oddly enough. But last time... I couldn't be hugged and took my lunch sleeping under my desk in the cube EVERY DAY. No nausea for me but just the reeeeeeaally tired thing all the time.

I complained in the general direction of my mother one day and she said, "It's like you were unplugged from the wall... and are now running on weak batteries. Do what you can, eat often, go to bed early, take naps... and at about week 13 - some one will plug you back in."  And this is exactly what happened! You are almost half way to the next phase - the can't-get-enough-sex, so-cute-belly-showing phase. Have hope!

Also, my sister in-law always said, "My body is running a marathon right now. I'm resting." The treadmill will be there in a few weeks when you have more energy. With the rapid rate that this little one is developing - it is a MIRACLE you have energy to say your name. :)

This too shall pass. Make sure you are snacking on healthy and high-protein things (nuts, cheese, hard boiled eggs) and eating BEFORE you're hungry - staves off the nausea.

Blessings,

Alison

• I am extremely tired, my boobs hurt SO bad, I've had some low abdominal pain and everytime i get that pain i get so scared that i am having a misscarriage.. I've never had one but I'm pretty sure I would have vaginal pain and cramping also.. so i worry but then get over it..

and i haven't had m/s but i have nausea in the pit of my stomach and also the back of my throat at ALL times!

• my 1st ultrasound is June 12th
  • My boobs are so sore too! Dh keeps forgetting and wanting to touch them, and my cats seem to want to walk across them all night in our bed. I just want everyone to stay away from my poor boobies. haha

So excited our 1st ultrasound is june 8th. I'm nervous about the m/s kicking in and making a me a dead giveaway at a cousins wedding next weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"