1st Trimester
Options

Ugh...gas

It seems like no matter what I eat I end up filled to capacity with gas.  I'm only 7 weeks but the other night I had to take off my strtchy jeans and put on DBF's sweat pants.  Does anyone have any ideas how to avoid or expel this issue?

Re: Ugh...gas

• Options

I'm with you!  Sorry that I don't know how to avoid this, but I thought I'd let you know that you aren't alone.  During my last pregnancy (which ended in mc) I was wearing maternity clothes at 6 weeks because my belly was so big from gas.  Blech! 

Maybe tums??  My dr. told me to take it for calcium, but maybe it helps with gas? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Give birth, LOL!

Try taking chewable papaya enzyme (ask your OB) after meals--it's a natural digestive aid--and lying on your left side to help things move along.?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

when you find out let me know ! i'm a walking fart machine this past week! i'm normally never like this

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm right there with you. I'm 5w3d and I already have to unbutton and unzip my jeans to sit comfortably, it's so sad...

I'll keep an eye on this post for suggestions!

• Options
    I normally have some digestive issues so thankfully DBF is kind of used to it already but good lord!!!  All I do is blow up with air!!!  It is so painful and ther's nothing I can do about it, walking doesn't help either.  I have my first Dr's appt on the 8th and it is top of my list of questions...I'm too afraid to take GasX or anything of the sort yet.  I've taken Tums for the heartburn and it hasn't seemed to help with the gas.  Poor DBF gets the brunt...first he's dealing with me in pain and then I tell him it's all his fault...with a smile of course. Can't wait to see what my little "blueberry" has in store for me next!!!
  • Options

Frankly, I would be happy if I was a fart-machine at this point. All I have is the gas & bloat - NOTHING seems to help. I look like I'm 6 months pregnant sometimes - and I'm only 10 weeks!!!! Boo! 

AND this whole weekend, I've had BOTH the gas pains & the uterus "growing pains."  All of my innards are hurting. Yuk.

Thanks for the tip on the papaya enzyme too....

• Options

Hey loregopar I just went out last night and bought a Be Band (same as a Bella Band) and YAY!!!  It's perfect, I can leave my pants open for bloating and gas issues and no one at work ever has to know!!! In case you don't know what it is, it's simply a stretchy band that fits over your pants at the top to conceal that they're open...awesome!!!  I got mine at Target because I found out that almost no other store near me carries any maternity stuff Angry

• Options
    ssm835ssm835 member
    I know, the gas and bloating is crazy! Unless i go out, the pants stay unbutton and open!
  • Options
    How about constipation??? Awful!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"