TTC After a Loss

natural family planning tool I use

My hubby and I don't use BC and have managed to well, manage our reproductive lives.

I use a nifty little device called "CycleBeads". It's great for those who have pretty regular cycles.  

Use it one way to prevent, and another way to conceive. 

I've used it for about 3 years now and love it. 

Just thought I'd put it out there if anyone had heard about it and had any questions. 

Re: natural family planning tool I use

• I have never heard of this but I am intrigued..
  • texas77texas77 member
    yeah cycle beads are good.  did you make yours or buy them? 
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought them from a Natural Parenting store called Sprouts--but I think that they're totally doable if you were to make them yourself..and you could make them pretty :)
  • imagebaby#1hopeful:
    I have never heard of this but I am intrigued..

Basically it's a circle of beads. There are 34 beads in all. The first one is red, for the first day of your period, then it's followed by some brown (or other colored) beads, then white beads, and then brown beads again. There is 1 darker brown bead and that represents day number 26.

The brown beads are your "safe-sex" days and the white beads are your "fertile" days--so you can either not have sex (or at least use a condom) or if you're trying you can go for it.

• texas77texas77 member

there is usually a little flexible movable band that you can move each day to the next bead.  this way you can keep track of where you are in your cycle.  see the little black thing in the pic, that's what you move everyday.

• Wow, I had never heard of these before!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow! That's pretty neat. But I would need a necklace that hangs to the floor for the types of cycles that I usually have. I'm laughing out loud but it's not funny. Stick out tongue

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Hmm, they taught us about these in the natural family planning class we had to take before we got married, but I'd never actually seen them.
  • how cool. I've never heard of these.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"