Parenting after a Loss

WWYD. 6 week old constipated.

DS has been a pretty good pooper until this weekend. Its now been like 36 hours and no poop. Not even a diaper streak. WWYT/WWYD. When would you call the pedi. DS is mostly BF. For the last 2 weeks he has gotten one 4oz bottle of formula per day. (carnation good start.) I was giving him the bottle so that I could pump one feeding for the freezer. I didn't give him any formula today or yesterday b/c i heard that it can be constipating. He's been eating more frequently this last week and has had plenty of wet diapers. He does seem to be in a bit of pain though. Screams out, turns red in the face, arches his back and looks like he's straining to go but no result. Also he has been passing gas fairly regularly. He's also had problems with reflux and gas since he was born. Took him off the zantac a few weeks ago b/c it wasn't working. I was going to give it a few weeks before trying another med just to see if he's outgrowing it. IDK this just all sucks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD. 6 week old constipated.

• we had the same issue at exactly 7 weeks old.  the only thing that worked for us was 1 oz prune juice mixed with 1 oz water.  this was per the suggestion of my dr.  we also used the rectal thermometer to assist as well.  HTH!

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • JessiLWJessiLW member

Hmm good to know about the juice. I'll probably call the pedi in the am if nothing umm... happens tonight but I might just give the juice a try, Thanks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We had a similar issue around then; pedi had us give him 2oz of water. It worked like a charm! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"