Preemies
Options

Any LO's with milk allergies?

We are having issues with Julie which appear to be related to a milk allergy.  She has gotten increasingly worse with her Neosure to the point that she vomited up more than she kept down today.  Pedi is having us give her Pedialyte for the next two feedings then start with a soy formula.  We picked up Enfamil ProSobee.  My concern is that it's a normal calorie formula and doesn't have all the vitamins that Neosure has. 

Has anyone experienced this?  I was thinking of supplementing with vitamins and asking the doctor if we need to prepare the formula to be 22 cal/oz.  She has gained well and is just shy of 8 1/2 pounds.  I don't want to lose all the progress with her weight gain. 

Re: Any LO's with milk allergies?

• Options
    lemen99lemen99 member
    We had this issue with Neosure and switched over to Nutramigen hypoallergenic formula and have had good luck with it!  (We fortify breast milk to 24 cal with the formula.)
  • Options
    DD had MSPI (milk soy protein intolerance) and went from regular formula to soy to Alimentum and finally ended up on Neocate (prescription).  Her GI doc/nutritionist team had us making the formula at more cal/oz, although now I can't remember the ratio of formula to water, sorry.  You should be able to find out from your pedi the right ratio for higher-calorie formula.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"