TTC After a Loss

"when are you guys going to try"

"are you trying"

"when is it going to be your turn"

"maybe you are trying too hard"

"just relax and it will happen"

"hey a m/c is better than having a retarded kid"

i'm so sick and tired of hearing this shiit.  i think the next person that asks about his sperm in my ute i'm going to tell them one of these lines:

"we aren't going to have kids"

"we would rather travel the world and enjoy our lives"

"kids are too expensive these days"

"we don't want to risk having a kid that grows up to be a meth addict"

"yeah, my husband isn't getting the job done, is yours available?"

Re: "when are you guys going to try"

• Oh, Texas!  This is perfect.  I will save these for the next family function Wink

How about we add one...

"we thought about it, but after seeing your kids we decided to get a dog"

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • "we don't have sex. we think it's overrated" HAHA
  • Loading the player...
  • texas77texas77 member

LMAO...i love that one!   it is great and i bet it would shut them up real quick. 

i thought of another one.  "we decided to just get one of those hungry kids in somolia for $0.82 a day, it's a lot cheeper and no PTA meetings to attend"

• imagetexas77:

wtf!? someone said that to you? that is horrible!

• texas77texas77 member
    imageaoverlock:
    imagetexas77:

well ok, really they said, "well there was probably something really wrong with the baby so it was better that way"

ummm, we would have loved our baby no matter what was wrong with him/her.  it's called unconditional love. 

• love these suggestions :)
  • "we stopped trying when we thought our kid may end up acting like yours and it scared us" 

hehe....

• texas77texas77 member
    lol, good one. 
  • Oh, man, those are good.

How about, "Wait, we're supposed to have SEX!? I was just waiting for the stork to come ...."

• imagelil_rhody:

Oh, man, those are good.

How about, "Wait, we're supposed to have SEX!? I was just waiting for the stork to come ...."

HA!

• LOL! These are good.

" I have thought about it but I don't want to give up drinking and smoking crack for 9 mos." ??That will shut them up.?

• texas77texas77 member
    LOL, jacquie!  
  • imagetexas77:
    imageaoverlock:
    imagetexas77:

well ok, really they said, "well there was probably something really wrong with the baby so it was better that way"

ummm, we would have loved our baby no matter what was wrong with him/her.  it's called unconditional love. 

yeah that's still ridiculous. i got that too. oh and the ever popular "you're lucky it was now and not when you were further along."

• JenyMJenyM member

I fvcking hate the "your next". really?? do you have a crystal ball?? 

i actually said that to someone last week at my co-worker's work shower. Embarrassed

BFP#1 missed m/c-d&c 10/27/08, BFP#2 BO-natural m/c 5/15/09, BFP#3 8/12/09-DS born 4/2010, BFP#4=TWINS-missed m/c&d/c 6/15/11, BFP#4 11/22/11- please stay with me
  • JenyMJenyM member

oh, someone once said to me "are you guys trying?'. i said, "well we fvck every night. does that count?" i hope they got an awesome visual.

eta: this was a family member EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

BFP#1 missed m/c-d&c 10/27/08, BFP#2 BO-natural m/c 5/15/09, BFP#3 8/12/09-DS born 4/2010, BFP#4=TWINS-missed m/c&d/c 6/15/11, BFP#4 11/22/11- please stay with me
  • texas77texas77 member
    lol, that's great.  i'm sure when they got in the car to leave they were talking about you.  lol.   ah fck them if they can't take a joke. 
  • I've been going with, "We think we might be doing it wrong.  He sticks it in my bellybutton, right?"
  • texas77texas77 member
    lol...bellybutton.....lol
  • I only told my husband and two 25 yr. old nieces.  As soon as I told one of my nieces about my loss,  she responded by saying "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh."  That was so hard to hear and still very hard to accept.

Thank you TTCAL and IF board. "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Miscarried December of 2008, Ectopic Pregnancy November of 2009

IVF #1 = BFN | IVF #2 = BFP: 9dp5dt (399), 14dp5dt (2489)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:6,7
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicIn loving memory of MrsTyson's precious Julia
  • KK2004KK2004 member
    imagePeetiePie:

Oh, Texas!  This is perfect.  I will save these for the next family function Wink

How about we add one...

LMAO about the dog!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker M/C #1 - BFP 12/28/2008. Confirmed m/c at 6wks - blighted ovum on 1/9/2009. M/C #2 - BFP 6/16/2009. Confirmed m/c at 7wks - blighted ovum on 7/1/2009.
  • imagePeetiePie:

I've started telling people that we're not going to have kids, but I'm definitely saving this one for this July when we go visit DH's cousin with 4 kids all aged 5 and under. Eeek.?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"