Success after IF

Need reassurance please...

I am such a nervous wreck about this pregnancy, I can't seem to relax and let myself be happy, because I am so worried that something bad is going to happen.

For example, the last few days my bbs have not been sore and tender like they had been during weeks 4 and the beginning of 5, so I'm freaking out that it's bad news.  I know that symptoms come and go, but I can't seem to convince myself that things will be ok.  It's like I keep waiting for the worst to happen. 

I go for my first ultrasound on Tuesday (I'll be 6w2d). Tell me to snap out of it and that everything will be fine please!!!

I also want to mention how much I appreciate this board, and all the responses that my posts have gotten.  It's amazing what the reassurance of others who have been in my position can do!

Re: Need reassurance please...

• Symptoms definitely come and go. Mine came and went all the time. I know it isn't easy..I still get butterflies in my stomach before every appointment. After you see your little bean on Tuesday hopefully you'll be able to relax more. ((hugs))
    TTC for 19 months. Dx: PCOS. 3 IUI's with Clomid= BFN 1st IUI with injectables= BFP imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Symptoms definitely come and go!  I felt the same way when my morning sickness disappeared all of a sudden!  At the beginning, I had a stash of $tree pregnancy tests that I took just to make me feel better.. and I loved to see the positives!  It's scary but eventually you get used to it.  You learn to live for the ultrasounds and dr appts so you can hear the heartbeat.  You're doing just fine!  Try to relax...
    imageimageimage
    TTC #1: IUI #2 = BFP , Betas 550 (16 dpiui), 1523 (18 dpiui)
    Hypothyroid, LPD, FSH 13.0, TTC 2 yrs B4 BFP

TTC #2: FSH 23, AMA, IUI 1, 2, 3 = BFN, IVF #1 = MC
    IVF #2 = BFP - Betas 194 (14dp2dt), 366 (16 dp2dt), 841 (18 dp2dt)
    (vanished twin ~7 weeks)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope this comes out the way I mean it....

I felt exactly the same way with my 2 pregnancies that I ended up m/cing compared to the pregnancy that gave me my son. So what I'm' trying to say - symptoms don't mean a pregnancy is going to work or it's not. 

Try to take each day to enjoy it because you ARE pregnant!!!!! Just about 48 hours or less until your ultrasound!!! Good luck!

imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Those first few weeks are so tough! ?Symptoms definitely come and go. ?I had very few symptoms anyway, so I was so nervous. ?Hopefully after your ultrasound you'll be able to relax a little. ?Good luck!
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • What you are feeling is soooo normal!!! But really, try not to stress (I know, easier said than done) about it.  What helped me when I was in that spot was to just keep reminding myself that nothing I could would change the outcome, nothing I bought, no one I told - it was going to be what it was going to be, you know?

Also, and this one really helped the most I think, the chances of everything being fine (I know, I know, but we see the worst stuff on the bump and all the "what ifs") are FAR greater than the chances of things going wrong. 

• It's so hard to finally just accept that you're pregnant and to let the worry go--it never goes away entirely! ?Just try to sit back, do some "normal" stuff and let time slide until that ultrasound. ?You'll be ok.

Good luck!!?

• I used to actually pray for symptoms.  Then I got horrible heartburn and decided to just go with the flow :)  You already know that most of this is just continuing to be strong mentally.  Let us know how the u/s goes!

Me – 33 (no diagnosis), DH – 41 (MFI)

IVF #1/ICSI 2008 – 22 ER, 21 F, Day 3 transfer (8A and 8B) - BFP, 3 Frosties

Surprise BFP 2010

Surprise BFP 2011

Shipped frosties from TX to VA in 2012

FET #1 May 2013, single blast – BFN

FET #2 August 2013 2 blasts – BFN

IVF #2/ICSI/AH Jan 2014 – 8 ER, 7M, 6 F Day 3 transfer (grade 2 & 3), no frosties - BFP!

• Honestly, I was just like you and am now 30 weeks pregnant with twins and pretty much as nervous now as I was in the beginning. You just want it so much it is terrifying. You look forward to the milestones - second trimester, big ultrasound, viability, avoiding pre-term labor until the baby or babies arrive. It did not help me when people told me to relax or I tried to calm myself down even. Accept the fact that you are scared, and the only thing I would have done differently is to NOT google everything and heavily limit your time on these boards - you need to get your mind off of things.Congrats to you - try to enjoy it a little : ) I know it is hard.

• Thanks everyone!  I think my husband is getting tired of me telling him how worried I am every 5 minutes :) 
  • CMM05CMM05 member

I know how you feel......I've been there.....several times. I think many of us on this board have felt how you feel.

With that said:

a) you are still very early......

b) My 19 month old DS is the result of a symptomless PG.....I'm not lying. I did not have one single day of nausea, no sore breasts the entire PG, etc, etc.......

c) With this PG......I have tender breasts but that is all I've had.....and they come and go. I had *maybe* a couple days of nausea in the 7th-8th week.

d) The ONLY PG that I had symptoms.......was the PG that I m/c at 10.5 weeks......I was sick even after my D&C.

Hang in there! I know the 1st tri causes a lot of anxiety....... 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I thought for SURE I would have tender breasts, but they haven't been tender in the least.  I hate how all of the pregnancy resources out there make it sort of seem like you'll at least have some of the "top 10" symptoms.  I really didn't have any.  I was just SO hungry, lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"