1st Trimester
Options

Question for you 2nd timers...

Hello!  this is my first pregnancy- going very well (knock on wood)- and today I noticed that I have a vericose vain in the back of my left knee that is massive and very dark- is this normal?  Should I be worried?  I do not have a history of any type of spider veins or anything like that- I am only 25- if any of you have experience with this or suggestions, please let me know

Thanks !

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question for you 2nd timers...

• Options
    I'm a first time mom, but I have some spider veins now and I am 22.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ok - so its not just me!  thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got both while I was pregnant with my son. They were really bad so I showed my ob. He said they were due to pregnancy, me stading almost all day and walking on the tile throughout my house. Most of them went away or got smaller after my son was born but I still have quite a few. It's just another one of those lovely side affects that happen to some pregnant women. I did everything the books and doctors said to prevent them or make them beter, nothing worked. I'm only 23.
  • Options
    They are common during pregnancy from what I understand, but I would mention it at your next appointment.  My SIL has had some issues with hers and has to wear special socks/hose (glamorous, I know) during pregnancy.
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • Options

When I was pregnant w/ my first, I discovered the same thing.  It's not uncommon.  Your circulation is so different when you're pregnant.  I wouldn't sweat it.  Not always attractive, but...hey, everyone will be looking at the gorgeous, glowing pregnant mama, not your legs Wink

• Options
    Yep, it's definitely a common side effect.  Definitely worth a mention, though, because pregnant women are prone to circulation problems (including blood clots) so depending on what it looks like, they may want to keep an eye on any issues with swelling, pain, and other circulation related issues.  That said, it's not something you should make yourself crazy over... it could disappear after baby is born.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"