Success after IF

Need ideas for christening favors and centerpieces

My father and step mother are paying for the christening party at a reception hall (totally not my idea, but who am I to turn down a free party), but now that means I need to do something for centerpieces.  I dont want to do flowers - it seems to weddingy, but I dont know what to do.  I dont think i'm too keen on balloons either.  Have any ideas?

I also need to do favors.  I was thinking of doing the M&M's with their names on it, or maybe the hershy's bars with their names on it.  I really can't think of anything else. 

I'm somewhat crafty, but it cant be something too involved bc as you can imagine my hands are a little full. 

TTC#1 since Feb 07 with PCOS and mild MFI
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart) Our first love and loss 7/2/07

3 cycles clomid TI = BFNs
3 cycles clomid Ovidrel IUI = BFNs
6/27/08 Surprise BFP = chemical pg
IVF#1 July 08 BFP @7dp3dt
TTC #3 since February 2010
FET Sept. and Oct. 2010=BFN's
IVF#2 June 2011=BFP

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Need ideas for christening favors and centerpieces

• I made those tissue paper flowers the night prior with all my SIL's and MIL's etc. You know, the kind from gradeschool where you fold the tissue in a fan, and fluff? They were a huge hit! (and cheap!)
    Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • I have never seen favors at a christening party. ?They do have those centerpieces at the party stores
  • Loading the player...
  • For favors, how about melting chocolate and making little chocolate crosses (lollipops or just a chocolate cross in a bag) with candy molds?  This site has a lot of choices.  You could make them ahead of time when you have a couple of hours.  People will always take favors that are food!
    imageimageimage
    TTC #1: IUI #2 = BFP , Betas 550 (16 dpiui), 1523 (18 dpiui)
    Hypothyroid, LPD, FSH 13.0, TTC 2 yrs B4 BFP

TTC #2: FSH 23, AMA, IUI 1, 2, 3 = BFN, IVF #1 = MC
    IVF #2 = BFP - Betas 194 (14dp2dt), 366 (16 dp2dt), 841 (18 dp2dt)
    (vanished twin ~7 weeks)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I have never seen favors at a christening/baptism either...?

For centerpieces what about something really simple. For my parents' anniv party, we got the bowl style vases from the dollar store & put 2 large hydrangeas in each one with some greens & queen anne's lace (that we actually cut from some random place, it is a weed, haha!)?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"