Success after IF

Cal rolled over - WOOHOO!!

All this time slowly working up to it over the last several weeks and it happened in the blink of an eye!  I had the camera out and ready to shoot video, as always, and he was over before I even had a chance - I just caught the tail end of it!  The process leading up to it was far different from all the practice sessions, so I wasn't prepared...this time he got WAY up on his forearms and swung his head to the left and voila!  Too cute. :)
Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cal rolled over - WOOHOO!!

• Woo hoo! That's great! And you just made me feel better-- I just posted below you feeling concerned that DS shows no interest in rolling over at 4 months-- now I know he'll get it eventually. What did you do to get Cal to work up to it?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Go Cal, go Cal!!
  • Loading the player...
  • SeaSoulSeaSoul member

imagenicolita14w:
    Woo hoo! That's great! And you just made me feel better-- I just posted below you feeling concerned that DS shows no interest in rolling over at 4 months-- now I know he'll get it eventually. What did you do to get Cal to work up to it?

I was never worried about Cal - in fact at his 4-mo. pedi visit it was one of the milestone questions they asked and the only one we weren't able to check off.  But his pedi said he didn't even think it should be on there at that time, it should be at the 6-mo. visit.  However, a lot of his peers had already rolled over long before now so I was kind of rooting for him to do it, but never concerned.  I know that all babies develop differently, and girls faster than boys.  I'm sure James will be there in no time.

LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

• SeaSoulSeaSoul member

imagenicolita14w:

What did you do to get Cal to work up to it?

Oh, we just got him on his tummy more often - he hated it up until about 3.5-4 months and then would tolerate it for a bit longer so we started becoming more persistent and I'm sure that helped him build up those muscles.  He's always been a strong baby as far as neck control and leg strength but needed time on his tummy to get strong enough to roll over.

Life is beautiful!

• Thanks! I feel much better about it-- he'll get there in his own time, I'm sure! The new pic of Cal is adorable-- I love his hat!
  • Yeaaa Cal!! He's such a cutie :)
    TTC for 19 months. Dx: PCOS. 3 IUI's with Clomid= BFN 1st IUI with injectables= BFP imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What a cutie!  Way to go, Cal!
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • That is great, what an exciting milestone.  I love your siggy pic!

• YAY for Cal!!

And can I say, I can't believe he is 5 months already?!?!  Wow!!  Time flies!!

• SeaSoulSeaSoul member
    Thanks everyone!  It's been a long time coming!
    Life is beautiful!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"