Multiples

Anxiety about work situation & baby leave - advice needed!

Couple of issues - I am going to shorten this:

1.) Dad just got a job with the biggest competitor to my company (he used to be our pres) - I might not have a job once they find this out. I have been there 7 years as a category marketing manager in new product development (cosmetic & baby products).

2.) If I end up having to leave work before the babies come (which seems likely from reviewing the poll) - they will probably let me go.

3.) If they don't let me go they will not let me work from home so I will have to begin my maternity leave - unpaid.

4.) My doc does not want my flying and my boss was pissed. Great start.

5.) There is no severance at my company.

6.) Maternity leave is not paid (like many maternity leaves)

7.) I make the money in my house and pay most of the bills. We only have $6K in savings at this time.

8.) I have a job offer at my dad's new company in New York - but would I start before the babies come or after?? I will go eventually (sick of where I am).

So...I am wondering if I will end up collecting umemployment and have no idea how much that would be.

ARGH - just looking for ANY advice or maybe just thoughts. As you can tell I am not sure what to do and it is stressing me out. So, if you don't have any advice just consider this a nice, long vent.

:-)

Re: Anxiety about work situation & baby leave - advice needed!

• The best advice I can give you is to relax. You cannot control everything...your babies are more important than anything....start saving and cutting out things now incase something happens, but all in all, take care of yourself and your babies anxiety and work stress are really just not worth it. I promise.
  • first off, you are only 5 weeks pregnant, right? take it easy, you have some time here! i would just work and see what happens. if you get to the point where your body and/or doctor tell you to quit, then you have your savings to fall back on. second, if you get laid off beforehand, you get unemployment for a while. at least you have a job to go to. i am sure since it is your fathers company, you will be able to start whenever you need to financially. you have it made! you have the next job already! i know you are freaking out because there is a lot going on in your mind- having twins can make your head spin if you don't watch out! just try to calm down and realize that it will all be okay.... take care!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Your situation sounds like a stressful one and sounds like there are many different factors involved! The only advice I can give you is to remember to breathe. Things may seem unclear right now (I was the same way) but once those beautiful babies arrive, your focus will be 110% on them and believe me when I say no matter what situation you find yourself in at that point, you will make it work.

If it makes you feel better, sit down with your husband and determine what each financial/working scenario would mean for the both of you. Know what to expect. Start stocking up on diapers & wipes from now while you are still working (if money is a major concern) or start swapping coupons with other moms. And take comfort in knowing that if you need the money and you want, you have that job offer from your dad. It sounds like you just need to breathe a little!!

Best of luck & congratulations!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"