Blended Families

never posted here before, wanted some opinions...

okay, me and DH have 5 kids between the two of us and one on the way. the schedules with the kids are SOOO messed up. we dont have any of them full time. its a rotating schedule so we only have all of them at once a small amount of the time.

we live in a smallish 3 bedroom house. We are going to add a large bedroom to the house. okay my question is...how do you think the best bedroom arangement would be?  Girls are 11, and 3 boys are 8,5,4. one of the bedrooms is too small for kids to share. any ideas?

sorry this is so long.

Re: never posted here before, wanted some opinions...

• Here is what we are doing. We live in a 3br 1300 square foot house and it has small bedrooms. SD is 5 and has her own room. SS is 4, DS is almost 3 and we are expecting another boy in july. SS and DS have bunk beds along one wall, there is a crib on the other, and their dresser is in the closet. They also have a small book shelf in the room. All of the toys are now in the basement which is unfinshed but their area is gated off and I put a rug down there.

Do you know what you are having yet? If you are having a girl I would put the boys in the big bedroom, the baby and DD who is three is the med room, and give DD who is 11 the small room. If you are having a boy give him the small room, girls the med room, and boys the big room.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Small bedroom too small for sharing =nursery.
    Large bedroom=Boys room
    Next biggest room=girls room

or

have the three youngest share the big room.
    Oldest girl gets own room
    boys share next largest
    baby gets nursery

Instead of adding one large room, why not add two smaller rooms. That way you would have 5 bedrooms. One nursery, one for oldest daugter, one for two older boys, one for the 3 little ones, and one for you guys.

• Loading the player...
  • taagenttaagent member
    imagexmaryrickx:

Small bedroom too small for sharing =nursery.
    Large bedroom=Boys room
    Next biggest room=girls room

This

• thanks! all good ideas! i wish we could make it 2 bedrooms, but it wont work out that way. poo.
  • You got great suggestions.  If it were possible for you to elaborate what the visiting schedule is I would let you know if I had any other suggestions.  Like do you have them EOW or is one just during the summer?  I do think that until the baby is older you are best off having the nursery in the small room since a baby will keep the other kids up and vica versa.  When the baby is older it might make more sense to have him/her share a bigger room but cannot say for sure without knowing visitation...and of course if you have a boy or girl.  Oh, and congrats.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"