North Carolina Babies

Toads - Update on Jacob

Ugh! Unfortunately he is STILL in the ICU.... he got an infection in his blood and is still recovering from it. They say he might come home late next week but I'm not holding my breath. Plus he is probably going to have to come home with a feeding tube in his nose and on oxygen.... neither of which I am thrilled about. It's hard enough being a first time mom, let alone to a special needs child and now on top of that I am expected to be a nurse! Anyway, we just want him home, so we'll do it however we have to. Thanks for asking!
image Aiden Jude is on his way! Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Toads - Update on Jacob

• *butting in*

I'm so sorry you guys are having to go through all of this. I really hope Jacob will get better soon, and will be able to come home. You are in my thoughts.. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you out!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Goodness!  I'm so sorry to hear that he's still in the hospital.  If you have any questions about dealing with a feeding tube, I have a friend who had to do this with her little one.  I can send you her e-mail address.

Good luck and I hope he comes home soon!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry to butt in...

I'm sorry that Jacob still hasn't made it home and hopefully he will be home next week.  I saw your post about childcare.  Do you still have that information I gave you on the childcare network (if not I can find it again - it's in my desk at work so I won't be able to get it to tomorrow).  They can definitely recommend some places to start looking for you.

• I am so sorry to hear that he is still in the hospital and the complications. ?You will be in my thoughts and prayers and I hope he comes home soon!
  • I'm sorry he's still in the hospital and having complications! ?I am praying for all of you! ?Take care of yourself!!
  • I'm butting in too. I've been thinking about you and praying for you and Jacob. Hang in there. I know you will be so relieved when he gets to come home. You'll get the hang of the feeding tube pretty easily. Will continue to say prayers for you and Jacob.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• I was hoping to hear that he had made it home!  Hang in there.  I know you are busy with the hospital and coming and going but please feel free to let us know if there is anything we can do to help out.  I know Im not local but there are plenty of nesties who are who would love to help out if possible.

Take care of yourself as well.  Sometimes people on the outside get caught up in 'hows the baby' and that routine and forget about Mom.  Take care of you, get some rest and let us know if we can help!

• *Butting in as well*

I'm so sorry to hear Jacob is not home from the hospital yet! Hopefully he will be able to come home next week. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. 

Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • SInce we're all butting ing =)

I hope his infection is gone soon so he can go home with you! The feeding tube is easy to learn and you'll be a pro in no time! Make sure to get some rest and take care of yourself, too!?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry Jacob is still in the ICU and having problems.  I've been thinking of you guys and hope that these complications clear up quickly for him!
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks guys for all your encouragement.... lord knows I need it! :)
    image Aiden Jude is on his way! Pregnancy Ticker
  • you have been in my thoughts an prayers and I hope JAcob continues to do better. I hope things get settled so he can come home soon but without too many added complications for you!! If you need anything let us know...right now we are all praying for you and are here for any venting or support u may need. And yes make sure u take care of yourself and get sleep when u can so u can be ready for him when its time for him to come home!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for the update!  I also so you visited the SN board.  They were very helpful when I posted there before I knew what we were really dealing with and it looks like you got some great answers as well.

Hopefully Jacob will be home in your arms soon even with the extra help.  Take care of yourself as best you can :)

Please let us know if we can do anything to help!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"