Northern California Babies

Getting scared

I am so scared that I am going to have twins again. I know it sound horrible, but I really don't want to have twins again. I really want to have ONE baby and be able to enjoy it. With the twins I enjoyed it but I was so busy and tired I couldn''t enjoy it like I wanted to.

I am going in to the DR. on Friday, she said she would do an ultrasound then. I will be 5 weeks. Do you think that is too soon to tell if I am having twins? I found out at 7 weeks with the girls. But I know how much a difference a week can make in a pregnancy.

TIA

Shannon

Re: Getting scared

• You might be able to tell, but it might also be a little too early to get a definitive answer.  At that point you may or may not be able to see the fetal pole.  Either way good luck & I hope you have a H&H 9 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Try to be calm. You need to have little stress right now to help the baby. I know that is easier said then done, but do your best. And of course, call me and let me know if I can do anything. You are only 1 hr from me and I will be there (with E in tow) if you ever need anything!
  • Loading the player...
  • Like pp said, try to not stress too much about it. I know it's easier said than done and you have very valid feelings about your fear. I have the same feelings about the possibility of having multiples again and we're not even TTC (yet). I hope the next few days go quickly for you and good luck on your appt. ;)
  • Are your twins identical?  My understanding is that identical twins are a fluke and with fraternal twins are most likely a result of genetics.  So if they are identical your chances are much smaller of having another set of twins again.  Good luck and try not to worry too much!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrs.Wubbin:
    Are your twins identical?? My understanding is that identical twins are a fluke and with fraternal twins are most likely a result of genetics.? So if they are identical your chances are much smaller of having another set of twins again.? Good luck and try not to worry too much!

This is true. ?And my understanding is that most twins are in different sacs, so it should hopefully be visible that early. ?GL!

• THANK YOU! You all made me feel better. They are identical! I am hoping my chances are really low.
  • imageMrsJewell:
    THANK YOU! You all made me feel better. They are identical! I am hoping my chances are really low.

I forgot to tell you when I had this convo with my OB, we had talked about the chances of having multiples again. At the time the chances were about 1-2%, but she said that could go up as you get older. My boys are identical, too even though they were in 2 separate sacs. Again, don't worry too, too much! Wink

• I had no idea the percentage is so low. That makes me feel better. Of course if we had twins again I would be happy. I just really want to experience a singelton pregnancy. I want to be able to breastfeed, I want to be able to just sit and hold my baby. Things I couldn't do with the girls.

Thanks again!

• You might be able to see if there are 2 sacs...but you wouldnt be able to rule out twins...

Its ok to be scared of that. One of my bros had frat. twins as their 2nd and 3rd and wanted a 4th but were too scared to try. So my guess is you are totally in the norm there!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imagedblhappiness:

imageMrsJewell:
    THANK YOU! You all made me feel better. They are identical! I am hoping my chances are really low.

I forgot to tell you when I had this convo with my OB, we had talked about the chances of having multiples again. At the time the chances were about 1-2%, but she said that could go up as you get older. My boys are identical, too even though they were in 2 separate sacs. Again, don't worry too, too much! Wink

Wow I just learned somehting...I had no idea you could have identical twins in different sacs! WOW

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I know what you mean about twins. They are double the fun but half the sleep. I sometimes wonder if we had more kids what it would be like to just have one infant at a time. So don't feel bad for wondering. Totally normal.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"