Multiples

update and which triple stoller? mini van? 3rd row SUV?

hi ladies! i know i'm terrible about updating over here :) i think many of you see my updates on either SAIF or FB..

we had our big u/s this week, and found out we are indeed having a girl :) ?Of course I would have been thrilled either way, but i am relieved i don't have to deal with disappointment from the crazy people around me (ie MIL).?

a couple of not the best things we discovered..little lady does have a soft marker for downs (echogenic focus) and alone that wouldn't bother me much..but my ratio was already 1:380 (which is borderline for starting to worry) now it is down to 1:270. We did the AFP, so I should get those results this week. The doc says there is totally no need to worry..we will have a follow-up u/s at 28 weeks. I also have low PAPP-A, which puts me at risk for IUGR and Pre-E..which kinda terrifies me of course...I am begging that this baby not come too early..anyway, that follow-up at 28 weeks will tell us more about that too. As I said though, the doc is not worried at all, and made me feel much better :)?

?

So now that we are half way...we are thinking about what we need to plan for.... we have so much already, but the things we really need to think about are a triple stroller (are there any that you can use a car seat with, that have regular seats too?) affordable is a must too..i have looked a tiny bit online, and so much i see is over $1000!!!

and we will need to think about affordable vehicles with 3 rows...what do you use? mini van? SUV with 3 rows? I know we will be going used..but just want ideas about what you LOVE :) ?

Thanks so much for any info ladies!!!!?

Ron and Nora married 6.3.06 21 cycles, 1 m/c, 4 rounds clomid, 1 round gonal f and 3 IUI anovulatory cycles, LPD
Joey, Ronnie, and Audrey,
my awesome IUI 30 week twins, and my surprise miracle Image and video hosting by TinyPic
LOVE my SAIF ladies :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie 2nd Birthday TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers My Blog!

Re: update and which triple stoller? mini van? 3rd row SUV?

• After looking at everything on the market (used also), we ended up with a Suburban. We travel a lot and we needed to think about carrying 2-3 pack & plays, two strollers (because we decided to forgo the triple and just go with a single and double and I'll wear someone if I every manage to get out on my own :), plus luggage and everything else we usually carry for a trip! It came down to the only vehicles having enough cargo room with the third seat in were the Suburban (or Yukon XL, same vehicle but one is Chevy and one GMC) and Explorer EL (extra long). The Explorer was going to be harder to find used in our price range, so we went with the Suburban. So far it is just the three of us using it, but I really love it! I know it is not everyone's cup of tea gas mileage wise. We live in the middle of nowhere on a ranch and I went from a 4x4 diesel 3/4 ton pickup to the Suburban. I only lost a couple of miles per gallon in the switchover, so it wasn't a huge adjustment for us.
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• we're the other way around - we have a 2y/o now and twins on the way.  I didn't want a triple stroller b/c they are SO big and hard to get around- and DS won't be in one all that much longer.  I got the Valco Trimode + toddler seat... could be an option for you if you think one of the boys would not mind being up front.  You couldn't put the infant seat in with the toddler seat attached, though... but it does fully recline and could put the infant laying in the seat.

We have a grand caravan - it's very roomy. We just put the infant seats in and there's still tons of room, though one child does have to be in the 3rd row b/c you can't fit 3 across the middle. I forget which cars do fit three across the  2nd row- someone should be able to answer.

try not to stress about your tests - remember, that ratio is less than 1% chance!  it's good your doc is reassuring- good luck with the results- keep us posted! Oh- and congrats on the girl!!! :)

• Loading the player...
  • We have an SUV w/ 3rd row - Acura MDX - and love everything about it. Like Goldie, we also have the Valco Trimode.  Works great!  And we can fit 3 kids, 3 adults, and the stroller in our car for a trip to the zoo.
    R E A D S 5 D E A R S
  • Hey Nora!

I have the Peg Perego Triplette.. yep.. over $1000. Well worth it. It's fabulous. Handles like a dream. I JUST got a Chrylser Town and Country mini van yesterday. Love it. It has the stow and go seating so we'll do two car seats on the captains chairs in the middle and one in the back. Fold half the back bench seat down and the triple stroller fits up that side perfectly. 

Kim drives one too. We all love them. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"