Baby Showers
Options

What did you register for??

I will be registering for my baby shower in a couple of weeks and being a first time mom and the first one of my friends to have a baby, I am feeling kind of clueless. I know the necessities but was wondering if any of you mothers have advise or things you may have registered for that someone like myself may not think to, or are is there anything specific that you found more helpful, or brands you were more or less happy with? Any suggestions or tips would be great thanks! : )

Re: What did you register for??

• Options

I've heard a lot of people say not to register for too many bottles and pacifiers because some babies dont like certain kinds. some get gassy from certain types of bottles.

I'm gonna be a first time mom in November, so I'm a little clueless too. We're only registering for necessities though: crib sheets (multiples for changing frequently due to spit ups and other messes), recieving blankets/spit up cloths, stuff like that.

Baby wipes would be a good one to register for if you're planning on buying them (you can also make them with olive oil, baby shampoo, water, and paper towels), and disposables (unless you're using cloth diapers).

• Options

definitely register for all of the big items... ?pnp, swing, bouncy seat, bjorn, exersaucer/jumperoo, high chair (i love my space saver), breast pump, and stroller/travel system.

throw in some little items (4 oz and 8 oz bottle, set of 2 or 3 pacifers if you will use them, a shamppo/bodywash gift set, diapers -skip newborn size just in case baby is over 8 lbs, wipes, a few crib sheet/changing pad sheets, boppy and an xtra boppy cover if you will breast feed)

the hospital gave me about 12 receiving blankets to take home so i was glad i didnt register for those...they also gave me this great diaper bag full of advertising/coupons/and goodies- so i was glad i never bought a diaper bag too!?

i got way to many clothes (and keep getting them!)...so i would not register for any clothes/shoes/accessories like barettes and hats...people will buy you this stuff regardless!?

if you have specific questions on one item vs another, i highly recommend asking on 0-6 months. ?a lot of new mamas over there have a ton of great advice and love to share info!?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

baby bath tub,  some baby toys that you find you might like-the SASSY mirror was a favorite at our house, stroller, bouncy seat.   you could put diapers, but if people know you are using disposable they will buy you some anyway.   if you have a theme people register for accessories to go with that theme.  baby wash clothes. towels.  i would register for baby oxyclean or spray n wash-seriously the stuff you will use!!!   a hamper or something for baby laundry, diaper pail, baby carrier/baby bjorn type thing.   bibs!  burp clothes.   books.   pretty much put everything and anything on there.   gl

• Options

You can never have enough burp cloths-bibs-and SOCKS!!! Also one of my favorite little items was the Fresh Food Feeder by Munchkin...it looks kind of like a pacifier and has a mesh net you open and can put fresh fruit or veggies in for baby to suck on!! For my shower we had a diaper raffle...if guests brought a pack of diapers they were entered into a raffle for a special gift....I ended up with a 9 month supply of diapers!!

• Options
    I registered for a lot of big items and some small items. It makes it easier for everyones budgets. Diapers and wipes, shampoos, health and grooming kit, diaper bag, blankets. I put some much stuff. The main thing I didn't put was clothes. Because most of that stuff people are just going to pick out what they want and plus the outfit might not be there by the time they shop. There is a spot where you can leave a note about clothes. I just put clothes for a boy of any sizes. Ones you go in the store it makes it easier to know what you need and what you want. I went with mostly needs than wants.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Register for EVERYTHING.  I did google searches for general lists, plus i asked for recommendations from friends.  Majority told me that i couldn't do without the sleep positioner and sheet savers, and could pass on the wipes warmer (for a summer baby) and the diaper genie.  But make sure to register for everything in all price ranges.  I was shocked at how much i got off my registries ~ pretty much everything, no joke!!  
  • Options

I bought the Baby Bargains books promoted on Oprah.  It has been my Baby Bible for my registry.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"