North Carolina Babies

Swim Lessons

Alex started swim lessons today.  It was a blast!  They teach them to get in the water on their own, we learned proper holds to help teach them to swim, he is learning to kick and then we had playtime.

We are doing it through the Parks & Rec dept so its much more affordable than other options in our area, but we are lucky to have a neighborhood pool where we can practice with him in between classes.

I was raised around a pool -- my mom said I swam before I walked -- and have always felt that water safety is something important to teach from a young age. 

Here is a picture DH took of us in the water -- he was so happy to be on his back!

Re: Swim Lessons

• CUTE!  Sounds like a lot of fun!  They teach swimming at our pool, so we're going to have to get Nate into a class soon.
  • SO cute! Alex looks like he's having a blast! DH and I feel the same way about the water. We both grew up swimming from a very early age and think it's very important to learn to respect the water. We hope to take some lessons later this summer or early fall. Fun!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Glad you guys had fun!  Alex looks like a natural!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hughes - I am totally with you on water safety.  I see so many older kids (pre teen/early teens) at our pool that dont know how to swim and are scared of the water.  It amazes me and scares me that so many kids dont know how to swim or have basic water safety skills.

Mikey - you gotta get Eli in some -- he would LOVE it.  I hope your pool offers some that fit into your schedule.  After this session at the Parks and Rec we talked about getting him some private ones at our pool if they offer them.

• We definitely going to look into it somewhere if our pool doesn't offer them.  I really want Eli to know what to do in the water. 

I think we're going to go to the pool tomorrow, it FINALLY opened!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemrsmikey:

We definitely going to look into it somewhere if our pool doesn't offer them.  I really want Eli to know what to do in the water. 

I think we're going to go to the pool tomorrow, it FINALLY opened!

We were going to go to our pool today after lessons but yeah...decided to hang out at the house and do NOTHING.  We may go tomorrow. 

Have fun!!!!

• What a great picture!  You both look like you are having a great time :)
  • he looks like he's having so much fun!

FWIW most places don't do private lessons under the age of 3 (unless it's  ISR, but do your research first before doing this... and there are few instructors in the CLT area).  GL!

Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"