Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

What to do for my sister...

next month my sister would have been having her twins. ?Unfortunately she miscarried one at around 12 weeks and the other at 18 weeks in February. ?This has been really hard on them since she has had 7 rounds of IVF and been on other things. ?I was wondering if I should send a card around the time that the babies would have been due, send flowers, or just call her. ?Any suggestions? Thanks

Re: What to do for my sister...

• I lost my twins also IVF babies.  I would love to have someone remember my due date and send flowers, or a card to let her know you are thinking of her and her family.  I think that would be a great idea. 

• i agree, i think any of those ideas are good. does she live by you? can you visit her? if it was me, i'd love to have my sister over and just hang out... or do something a little out of the ordinary to get me through the day. but everyone is different, maybe she has her own ways of dealing with that day. i think it's great that you are thinking about her and what you can do for her.. you're a good sister!
  • Loading the player...
  • How about getting her a memorial statue for a garden to memorialize their birth...  Or flowers, a card, a meal, etc....  I will tell you that I have a remembrance necklace for baby Grace and I wear it every day, it is very precious to me..

They made it with the birthstone for March (when she was born) and the birthstone for August (when she was due) with a big "LOVE" medallion in the middle.  Maybe get something like this for her?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think the idea from the pp are great.  I think because you know your sister best that you chose the idea that feels right and is most approriate for her.  I just wanted to add that I was very touched that you took the time to reach out to us to ask what you could do for her.  Many women feel, myself included, feel very alone after experiencing a miscarriage.  Your sister is very lucky to have you in her life.  Just let her know that you are thinking of her and that you haven't forgot about her babies!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"