Baby Showers

diaper raffle

is anyone having one at their shower? 

or does anyone have opinions on it?

Re: diaper raffle

• I am having one. My shower is tomorrow, I'll update how it turns out.

The way I look at it is, it doesn't hurt to put it out there. People don't HAVE to bring diapers - it's optional. My mom (who is throwing the shower) indicated to bring "Pampers" to enter yourself into a drawing for a "Pampering Gift Basket". The basket contains all sorts of fun stuff from face masks, pedicure set, manicure set, lotions, candles, etc.

• I am having one! They are a great idea!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Loading the player...
  • I've never heard of it; around here, raffles are for charities.
  • I've never heard of one, either.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am not sure if there will be one at my shower. I went to a shower recently, there was a little card asking to bring diapers. I along with just about everyone bought a pack a diapers. The mom to be received a LOT of diapers. I thought it was pretty cool!!
  • I had one...great idea! My son is 9 months, and I haven't had to buy diapers yet. I received so many packs =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I've only been to one shower that did this.  The mom got many packages of diapers but not everyone brought them (although I noticed everyone was in the drawing).  I really didn't care but thought that was odd since it plainly said "diaper drawing".
  • I personally think it's a little weird, but I think it's a regional thing. I always include a small package of diapers with my present off the registry, so I guess I would be entered anyway.
  • I had a diaper raffle at my last shower and have been to quite a few with the same idea...I myself ended up with a 9 month supply of diapers!! Just imagine how much $$ I saved!! It is a great...useful idea!!

• I've been to one shower that did this and almost everyone brought some. By the time it was all over we had drug about 3 huge bags full of packs of diapers into the nursery.

My MIL is definitly all for it. She brought it up before I even had time to really think about a shower.

DH talked to a co-worker who did this for her SIL. They gave away a $25 retaurant gift card and received over $250 in diapers. I think it is important to give a larger prize for this than the other games. I plan on basing the prize amount on the amount of rsvps and the assumption that most people will bring diapers.

• imageCodesGurl:

I think it is important to give a larger prize for this than the other games. I plan on basing the prize amount on the amount of rsvps and the assumption that most people will bring diapers.

This is exactly what we are doing - I'm planning on getting (2) $25 restaurant gift cards for the drawing and will be including the raffle tickets with the invitations. They read "Bring a pack of diapers any size...enter to win a special prize." I don't expect everyone to bring them but heard it's a real benefit! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"