Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Pleasantly suprised it wasn't an argument w/dr. (long)

I posted earlier this week that I had my 2nd early m/c. After getting confirmation from my dr. yesterday that my hcg levels were in fact going down, she confirmed that I miscarried. She also recommended that we see an RE! I was going to ask her about getting some testing done, since this was the 2nd m/c in a row and at about the same time. I didn't even have to ask, she said that she is now referring people to an RE after their 2nd m/c, although m/c's at that early stage of pregnancy are very normal. So now I have to wait for the RE to call me back to schedule an initial consultation. This was a huge relief to me, b/c I feel like it may be a source of answers. Needless to say, dh is totally freaked that we're going to get the worst news ever & it's going to cost a fortune. I have to keep reminding him that this is only the first step and we will be totally in control of the process and what steps we decide to take. After having such a bad week, I was so relieved to think that there may be answers in the future!!

In addition to this good news (& my already bad week), my boss decided to ask me if I'm pg. When I told her no, she looked at me funny, like I was lying to her! Then I decided to tell her about the m/c (b/c I felt like it would serve her right for asking such a nosy question). She felt really bad, but it actually made me feel good for telling her. If I was still pregnant and not telling anyone, what gives them the right to ask? If I haven't said anything, it isn't your business to know! I will never understand why people think that it's okay to ask if your pg?! 

Thanks for letting me get this out ladies! Whew!! What a week! 

BFP#1 1/27/09 :: Natural m/c 2/6/09 @ 6w
BFP#2 5/11/09 :: Natural m/c 5/27/09 @ 5w5d
BFP#3 7/24/09 :: Missed m/c, baby stopped growing at 6w4d :: natural m/c 8/28/09 @ 8w6d
BFP #4 11/27/09 :: DD born 7/27/10
BFP #5 2/29/12 :: DD born 11/6/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pleasantly suprised it wasn't an argument w/dr. (long)

• That's good your dr is refferring you for tests.  My SIL had 2 m/c and fought with her dr to try to get testing done to find out why but all they said was that they don't do it till you're over 35.  She ended up having her healthy DD with the next pg with out any help. 

Good luck 

• i'm really glad that you feel a little more at ease knowing you have another source of help from an RE. and i totally know what you mean about telling your boss and making her feel guilty for being so nosy. i feel the same way... if anyone asked if i was pregnant while i was pregnant, i'd kinda blow it off, but now i'm pissed off enough as it is, so if someone asks that question, it would probably piss me off even more and i'd tell them about the m/c and make them feel all uncomfortable and ackward. losers.

best of luck with the RE-- i'm sure hubby will come around as soon as he remembers all the "perks" of ttc ;-)

• Loading the player...
  • I am over 35 and just went through my 2nd miscarriage.  The obgyn that I go to was able to offer recurrent pregnancy loss testing through a lab that is closeby. 

I am a little hesistant to go to an RE--the cost is more, and I am thinking that my insurance will instantly think infertility--it will not be covered.

I agree with you about wanting to just spend the money now.  It will be easier to be more confident if  I get pregnant again.  If there is anything else that I can do to make a pregnancy more successful, I would rather know now. 

And today I got my haircut at a really nice salon.  I always go to the same person, and she has had two children the last couple of years.  The first thing that she said to me was "Is there a bun"--(bun in the oven)--are you pregnant.  I had to let her know that I just had my 2nd miscarriage and that we are going to look into testing for recurrent pregnancy loss.  She did not have anything to compare to other than it was difficult for her to breastfeed.

It was awkward at first, I would have rather

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • I am over 35 and just went through my 2nd miscarriage.  The obgyn that I go to was able to offer recurrent pregnancy loss testing through a lab that is closeby. 

I am a little hesistant to go to an RE--the cost is more, and I am thinking that my insurance will instantly think infertility--it will not be covered.

I agree with you about wanting to just spend the money now.  It will be easier to be more confident if  I get pregnant again.  If there is anything else that I can do to make a pregnancy more successful, I would rather know now. 

And today I got my haircut at a really nice salon.  I always go to the same person, and she has had two children the last couple of years.  The first thing that she said to me was "Is there a bun"--(bun in the oven)--are you pregnant.  I had to let her know that I just had my 2nd miscarriage and that we are going to look into testing for recurrent pregnancy loss.  She did not have anything to compare to other than it was difficult for her to breastfeed.

It was awkward at first, I survived.  Hopefully, one day I will have a successful pregnancy, and she can give me good tips.  And she did a great job with my haircut.   

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"