Cincinnati Babies

Where to buy swimwear?

I just tried to buy a suit on Lands End for our trip that starts next weekend.  EVERYTHING I like is on backorder.  Bummer!  Who has a good selection of tankinis around here?  I need something with great chest support, so Target and the like is a no go for me.  Help!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Where to buy swimwear?

• LL Bean.  Eddie Bauer.  Chadwicks.com. 

• Oh, also Everything But Water at Kenwood Towne Centre.
  • Loading the player...
  • Does Sears still carry Lands End in store?  You could try that!?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not that I have any business being in a bathing suit right now Embarrassed; but I happened to notice a few cute tankinis in the Victoria's Secret catalogue that I just received in the mail.  Most of the styles say that they are "miracle bra"; but once you remove the ridiculous removable padding, they really just wind up being supportive bra cups.

Here's a link to the style I liked best - https://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=CP-223183&page=1&cgname=OSSWMTNKZZZ&rfnbr=157

• I have no idea what size you wear, but OneStep Ahead has suits from 4 different stores.
  • I just bought a cute tankini with support from Kohl's. It seems like that is the style to have this year, they have like 4 different brands that all have tankinis.
  • I thought Kohls had a good selection this year.  I am sooo small on top, so a lot of their stuff doesn't fit me, but I thought they had a great selection overall for good prices.  Kmart of all places seemed to advertise lots of good deals, too!
    Married 12.27.03

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sears has a great selection of Land's End tankinis.  I some really cute ones there yesterday!
  • I usually have good luck with swimwear at TJMaxx.  I got about 4 suits last year at TJMaxx and I am bigger all the way around. LOL!
    Kristen & Mike 7/2005
    Griffin 10/2007
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • JLPT830JLPT830 member
    I've been getting mine at JCP.
    Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • kel716kel716 member
    Thanks for the tips ladies!  I've been procrastinating the inevitable, and I too am leaving next weekend for a beach trip.  And thanks for the post hav2run!  Yes
  • Actually, I also bought off Lands' End and they said it was backordered, but it came way before the backorder date. They said it was backordered until May 11 but I got it around May 6 after ordering it at the end of April. So you may want to check. Also, Sears carries some of the Lands End tankinis in-store that you can just buy there.
  • Heading to Sears later this week!  Thanks for the suggestion.  They have some of the Lands End suits I was looking at on the Sears website...hoping they have my size in the stores!  I tried JCP and Kohls today, and the tops just do not work for me.  Why must it be so hard to find a cute suit with support?  I don't want to look like I borrowed a suit from my granny.  Arrggghhh!

Thanks for all the suggestions!  Swimwear shopping sux!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Swimwear shopping is so depressing post-baby. I tried on a tankini today and I looked like a little sausage. I could barely even get back out of it. I far prefer the tankini look, at least-- less granny-like.

FWIW, I do like the Lands End tankini I got. The bottom is great and although I wish the top had a little more padding, it's very nicely cut and cute. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"