High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

HELLP mommas- please come in

Starting at 24 weeks, my ob is going to be doing weekly (I think...maybe he said every 2 weeks) platelet checks- hopefully we can catch it sooner this time if it happens. Is anyone else doing this??

Re: HELLP mommas- please come in

• Options
    no, just weekly visits.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm not PG again, yet, but I was actually planning on requesting weekly bloodwork for my next pregnancy.  I'm a worrier, and I know that frequent checks will help me stay calmer.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My doc hasn't said anything about that, but I'm only 7 weeks in, and he just might not have mentioned it yet.  Or, maybe because I'm taking several medications, they'll watch for growth restriction and high BPs before ordering labs.  I have no idea.

GOOD LUCK!!!

• Options

They said they'd start doing check in my 3rd trimester since I developed HELLP at 36 weeks. But, I'm only 17 weeks now and at my appt today had a spike in my BP. They're not taking any chances, and putting me on BP meds. I have to do a 24 urine collection and have bloodwork done too. I'm so scared it's going to happen again. She thinks my body isn't reacting well to weight gain, since when I got to the same weight last time is when my BP started going up. So she advised me to not gain hardly anything more. Ugh, this sucks. I'm just praying for the best, and the hopes that this baby is born healthy. Good luck to you too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"