Working Moms

Hi! I'm new!

I'm newly pregnant but will be a working mommy after our baby arrives. ?I was wondering if any of you ladies have any suggestions for pumping while traveling for work. ?I'm not a sales rep but I travel like one. ?My car is essentially my office. ?I do have office space for when I need to do computer work but, that doesn't happen every day. ?Any suggestions on how or where I could pump under these circumstances? ?I really want to exclusively feed breast milk for as long as possible. ?Anyone else travel and are still able to pump? ?TIA
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LFWisBack Our Guardian Angels: 11.06 * 6.09 * 12.11

Re: Hi! I'm new!

• I pump in my car from time to time.  It was hard at first but now I'm a pro!
    Nathan Thomas, C-section (frank breech), September 22, 2008 Maren Anne, VBAC, April 6, 2010 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm guilty of pumping on my way to work too.  Totally not safe but I don't do it until I hit the back roads.  It avoids me having to pump more than twice, while at the office.
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome! My heart goes out to those of you who have to pump in the car- that would be tricky. I figure you get used to pumping wherever you have to- when I was teaching I was pumping in a closet for a while. I would've rather been in my car :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i've never pumped in my car but definitely get a good insulated bag/cold pack (most pumps come with one) that you can toss your pump parts in.  The great thing about breastmilk is that it doesn't spoil like formula or cow's milk does after extended periods of time at room temp.  Some people obsess about cleaning all the parts after every pumping session but it gets to be time consuming and tedious - and it's not necessary as long as the parts are kept cool.  I tossed my stuff in the fridge and just washed it once a day, no problems ever!  get yourself a hooter hider type cover and you're good!
  • welcome!  I only pumped in my car since i am in sales & will do so again when I return to work this fall.  I just find back parking lots, parks, etc to each place I am & it works out fine.  A hands free bra is a must that way I can be talking on the phone (yes, you can hear the pump going!), or doing computer work at the same time.  I have a lunch cooler that I bought to put the cooler of milk into (the one that came w/ the pump).  I have the car adaptor for the pump.  I had 3 sets of pump parts, so I didn't have to worry about washing them in between sessions.   It worked out pretty well -- you can do it!
  • Lol, ?sorry I kind of posted and ran yesterday. ?There was movie watching last night and then I fell asleep. ?Thank you all very much for your support! ?It's very encouraging that I can do it even if I'm not in my office or close enough to home to pump!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LFWisBack Our Guardian Angels: 11.06 * 6.09 * 12.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"