Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

f/u re: dr's appt (inc ?s asked)

Thanks for all your supportive messages about my D&C f/u appt which was today. It did go fine. The results from the testing on the baby were not back yet - dr will call with those prob next week. I had blood drawn for my beta to see where my levels are. When they are at 0, I will have testing for chromosomes and blood clotting issues. DH will also do the genetic blood work up.

So I asked about that testing, about when we can TTC again (1-2 cycles, thank goodness), when to call if AF doesn't show (3 - 4 months!), what I should be doing in the meantime besides trying to lose weight (folic acid of at least 1 mg), if I was now cleared for all activity (just in time for DH's b-day :-)).

Dr mentioned that even without test results back, if I get a BFP he'll put me on lovenox right away, since I was on it the last three months or so of my healthy pg. ?

So we'll see what my beta levels are and go from there.

The hardest parts were walking into the hospital (thinking both of the joy of leaving that hospital with my son 2 years ago, and the sadness of the D&C) and hearing the woman who had just found out she was having twins (and who already had 2 boys under 4 at home).

I do actually feel better now, as if we can look forward to the future and the hope for a health baby.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Mommy to Alden, born May 19, 2007 - best birthday present ever! natural m/c October 20, 2008 at 8w1d BFP April 4, 2009! Missed m/c discovered May 1, 2009 D&C May 12,2009 BFP March 3, 2010 Chemical pregnancy BFP May 25, 2010 Elias Derek born January 26, 2011! Surprise BFP October 24, 2012 Missed m/c confirmed Nov 26 D&C Nov 30 Surprise BFP February 13, 2013

Re: f/u re: dr's appt (inc ?s asked)

• i am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. i know how difficult this time must be for you, as i know how difficult it is for me... and knowing that you feel a little better and a little more optimistic makes me feel like better days are coming. thanks for the follow up.Smile
  • My kind words are always here for you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • kepkep member
    Hope the future holds great joy for you as you move forward. ((HUGS))
    Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • so glad you are feeling better, we are always here to offer kind words!
    tears in heaven. 5.21.09 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"