Cincinnati Babies
Options

Stupid banana

This is the second time we've tried bananas and it hasn't worked out quite so well for....DD's digestive system.  I know bananas can constipate them (we learned that the first time after she cried when she pooped).  So not fun.

So, the second time I gave her a small amount and added prunes in  as well.  Did it work?  Nope.  I put her down for her normal nap and could hear the noise she makes when I know her BM is hurting.

Is there anything else I can do besides just stopping giving her bananas altogether?  She loves the taste.

Re: Stupid banana

• Options
    We had the same issues with banana.  I did what you did, added prune juice.  I think that helped some.  However, I also had to use glycerin suppositories because she wasn't pooping at all.  It really just took some time.  I just kept giving it to her and then eventually her digestive system kicked in.  Now she's back to pooping daily, but for a couple of weeks we were doing prune juice daily and a glycerin suppository every few days.  Our pedi said BF babies take solids hard because BM is so easily digested.
    Mason Louise
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    awww, poor thing.  Bananas are the only thing C's had so far and she's done OK with them.  But she poo's a few times a day usually & it's runny. I will say it's been a teeeeny bit more solid and maybe only once a day.  Sorry, no advice here.  I'd try prune juice GL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"