High-Risk Pregnancy

on bedrest. I have been directed here

I am 29 weeks now and had to go to the hospital on Sunday for contractions. I was dialated 2cm and tested positive for going into labor.(ffn test) I was given steroids for his lungs.They found gullstones and fluid back up in my kidneys but no infections. Evidently the kidney pain could be causing the contractions, (pressure on the ureters is pushing fluid into my kidneys) As of now I get to keep my gullbladder.

Anyway, I am back home now on medicine to try and control the contractions (which is not working too well but they are staying irregular) I am on strict bedrest till I reach 35 weeks and am hoping to find some people who have been in a similar situation.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: on bedrest. I have been directed here

• Oh, that's no fun!  I'm not in your situation exactly, but I have been having contractions since 16 weeks (I have an irritable uterus).

It's great that they gave you the steroids...that should make a big difference if your LO comes early.  Also, give the meds a chance - mine took a few days to really help.  What are you taking?

• I was on strict hospital bedrest from 24w6d to 29w6d when i delivered. ?My cervis was at 8 the day I was admitted and the following day I was dialated to two. ?

I had constant contractions the five weeks I was in the hospital being moved down to L&D daily and back. ?I know exactly what you are going through. ?I had twins, and they are both healthy and home now.

Email me if you'd like @ leannecue@yahoo

HUGS!!! ??

• Loading the player...
  • imageQs2004:

I was on strict hospital bedrest from 24w6d to 29w6d when i delivered.  My cervis was at 8 the day I was admitted and the following day I was dialated   to two.  

I had constant contractions the five weeks I was in the hospital being moved down to L&D daily and back.  I know exactly what you are going through.  I had twins, and they are both healthy and home now.

Email me if you'd like @ leannecue@yahoo

HUGS!!!   

that is amazing that your under 30 weekers are already home! fantastic...

I am not exactly in the same situation, but kinda close.  I entered active labor for awhile after my water broke at 28 weeks and some change.  However, I am still baking...I have managed to keep the baby in for so far 3 weeks and 3 days longer than they thought I would.  I have been in the hospital on strict bedrest for 23 days...it is a long and rough time.  I am hoping to make it to 34 weeks, but I am at the point where I am becoming an emotional mess.  I wish you the best!!

• well I dont know if you guys will check back to this post (I guess I will post an update too) but...

I am back in the hospital I came last night when my contractions got regular again, 6mins apart, but I have not dialated anymore. They are having trouble controlling the contractions and giving me both nifedipine and tributaline, it seemed to be working then in the last hour they have been between 5-7 mins apart again. they want to keep me till tomorrow to monitor me and check my cervix again (it sucks because my doctor is not here this weekend) I have had 7 different hands in my vagina in the past 5 days, haha.

I hope you are right about the meds just taking some time. I am glad I have the internet here!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejesh1111:

well I dont know if you guys will check back to this post (I guess I will post an update too) but...

I am back in the hospital I came last night when my contractions got regular again, 6mins apart, but I have not dialated anymore. They are having trouble controlling the contractions and giving me both nifedipine and tributaline, it seemed to be working then in the last hour they have been between 5-7 mins apart again. they want to keep me till tomorrow to monitor me and check my cervix again (it sucks because my doctor is not here this weekend) I have had 7 different hands in my vagina in the past 5 days, haha.

I hope you are right about the meds just taking some time. I am glad I have the internet here!

Wow!  GL, and I hope the meds kick in soon.  I've been on hospital bedrest for the past two weeks, and it's no walk in the park.  If you haven't already, you should put your name on the list on the Bedrest Mammas post....it's nice knowing you've got company. Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"