Pennsylvania Babies
Options

my 1st appointment

Well, I'm back from my first appointment. It's was rather an easy one. Just a pee sample,pelvic exam, and ultra sound.

It was so funny when I was getting ready for the pelvic exam.. yes Dh was in the room the whole time with me. he was so nervous about it. I could only laugh saying that I was the one getting the exam, but he said it was making even more real for him. After the exam they gave me a bunch of samples and had me wait in the waiting room to be called for the ultra sound.  Fianlly went in for that. The little one reminds me of a new born kitten lying there all comfy. We were both teary eyed. The tech said we look right on schedule @ 10 weeks. So as I calculated, we are looking at a Christmas baby.Smile

We can't wait to tell his parents next weekend so we can then post it on our FB pages telling all our friends. Or rather, we are changing our profile pictures to reflect our new family status and see how long till they all figure it our Stick out tongue

So now that the first appointment is over, what can I expect from my second one?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: my 1st appointment

• Options

Glad to hear your 1st apt. went well! I remember DH being at my 1st apt. w/ DD#1 and he was nervous too. I'm sure you both enjoyed the u/s!!

The second apt. will prob. be pretty short and sweet. They will check your weight, BP, ask how you're feeling/if you have any questions, and use the doppler to listen for the HB. (They may or may not be able to pick up the HB. I got to hear it at that point with DD, but not w/ this one.) That's about it!

• Options
    That's so much fun. Congrats! I wonder if it'll show in the middle when you post that or just where it normally sits. It might be awhile if it doesn't show it in the middle. I'd be so impatient. :)   All my next appointments were pretty uneventful - listen for hb (i had to have an ultrasound done at my first two bc they couldn't get it on the doppler), check urine, check weight, questions. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yay for a good u/s and first appt!

Second appointments are fairly uneventful - I went in, checked my urine with the dipstick, got weighed, BP check, heard the hb on the doppler, and then it was just a q&a session :D  That's been the same ever since LOL.

I would invest in a small notebook to write down all your questions for the doctor though - I could never remember when I actually went in, and then I would have 85 questions still!

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• Options
    RaeAntRaeAnt member
    We actually heard the heartbeat during the ultra sound,too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"