Cincinnati Babies

We have some bad news ladies

I didn't post anything on here because I thought it was going to be a quick and easy visit to the hospital, but it has taken a very bad turn for the worse.  There is a long update on Max's blog.  But here is an overview:

Max was admitted to the hospital to retry a different type of dialysis.  Needless to say it didn't work and Max's oxygen saturation keeps dropping while he is sleeping.  So, two of the doctors are saying that is possible that he is outgrowing his lungs (which means there is nothing they can do for him).  Another doctor doesn't believe it because his sats only drop while he is sleeping, which makes total sense, so I am siding with him.  Wouldn't the sats on someone who's lungs are failing be dropping all the time?  I am not a lung expert, but I would think so.  Despite that, Max will be coming home with oxygen and a monitor that we will only need while he is sleeping. 

Also, there are a few factors that are pushing one of the doctors to possibly do the transplant immediately, but his other doctors thinks we should try a few things first.  Needless to say, I have been balling my eyes out since last night.  I am sitting here with my sleeping baby (who, by the way, isn't desating at the moment without oxygen) with the fear that we may lose him.  I am trying so hard to be positive, but I break down everytime I look at his gorgeous face. 

I am starting to calm down now, at least until I find out what the plan is.  The doctors are talking now, so I should know something later today.  I will let you ladies know what the plan as soon as I find out.  Please keep our little fighter in your prayers.  We need all that we can get at this point. 

Thank you!

Re: We have some bad news ladies

• Oh, my goodness Beth.  I'm praying for you all and Mighty Max... may the doctors have the wisdom to figure out what is best to help him get better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh my God Beth, I don't know how you can take much more.  It's just so unbelievably unfair.  I really, really hope you get good news today.  You will definitely be in my thoughts & prayers.  Max deserves a miracle.
    Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Loading the player...
  • nire99nire99 member
    I don't know what else to say other than I'm so sorry.  You are a strong mommy!
  • WOW...I could not imagine. Many prayers going your way!!!
  • I'll keep you guys in my prayers. ?Max is a strong little boy which he has proven every single day!
  • Oh Beth. You are in my thoughts.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • I am so sorry to hear this.  It is so unfair and you guys have been through more than enough already, you are so strong! 

Mighty Max is a fighter and I do beleive he will get through this.  I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.  so sorry

• I'm so sorry to hear this :(  Many prayers coming his way!
  • I am so sorry sweetie. Please let us know if there is anything we can do, other than the obvious thoughts and prayers that we are keeping you & Max and your family in.
  • I'll be praying for your little fighter.  He is so strong and tough.  Stay positive!
    Kristen & Mike 7/2005
    Griffin 10/2007
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so sorry to hear that. Will definitely keep you all in my thoughts!
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • My goodness, haven't you guys been through enough! You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Oh Beth, I am so sorry that you are dealing with this.  Thoughts and prayers are on their way!  Please keep us updated.  Max is a fighter and he will pull through this too! 
  • I am so sorry to hear this. I am keeping you and Max in my thoughts and prayers today. He just keeps pulling through, and I know he will continue to.
  • Oh my gosh Beth. I could not even begin to imagine what you are going through. I will and always continue to keep you, your family, and Max in my thoughts and prayers. He is such a strong little boy. What a fighter! I hope the doctors come up with an effective plan very soon. This just breaks my heart =(
  • I'm so sorry.  Your poor family has been put through enough.  I hope you get some good news, soon.
  • Strong prayers coming your way.  You are an amazing family.
    Married 12.27.03

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh my goodness! My heart is breaking for you right now. I will continue to keep Max and your family in my prayers!
  • I'm so sorry.  My prayers are with Max and your family. 
  • So sorry to hear the bad news.  Hopefully something good will come out of todays talk!  You and your little on will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • I am so sorry you guys have been through so much. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through. You are in my thoughts & prayers.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • You are so strong & Max is a little fighter!  Hugs and prayers to you!

• We're praying! Hang in there.

Photo by Melissa Nicole Photography

imageimage
  • I'm so sorry you guys are facing yet another battle.  You, Max, and the rest of your family will definitely be in my prayers.
  • Oh my goodness. You are all in my prayers.
  • My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry to hear this and Max and your family will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you.
  • Prayers for Max and your family! ?
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Oh my goodness, I am so sorry you are going through such heartache right now. Max is such a strong, courageous little boy, and you are such an extraordinary Mommy!! I will pray for good news to come soon!
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • JLPT830JLPT830 member
    We will definitely keep you guys and Max in our prayers.  Please let us know if there's anything else we can do.
    Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't even know what to say except for that I am so sorry that you are going through this right now. ?I will make sure to keep you & your family, especially Max in my thoughts & prayers. ?Put your trust in God, His hands are the best hands to be in. ?Max has proven time & time again that he is a fighter, your love makes him fight so love him more today than you did yesterday & love him more tomorrow than you did today.?

Michelle?

• Oh my goodness, I can't even imagine what you must be going through!  He is such a fighter - the strongest little boy that I "know".  He WILL get through this, too, and come through even stronger...and you even braver.  My thoughts and prayers are with your family as we wait to hear some good news about Mr. Mighty Max.
  • klee411klee411 member
    Lots and lots of positive thoughts and healing vibes to Max and your family. Stay strong! We're all thinking of you!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers DS 8-14-09 // DD 1-3-12

my blog

• I'm so sorry to hear this.  Max has proven time and time again that his is a fighter and I have every bit of faith that he will continue to fight and make it through this.  Sending lots of thoughts, prayers and hugs your way.  I hope you get some positive news today!
    imageimage
    Photos courtesy of Jen Rose Photography
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was just talking about him yesterday!  I hope things go well and that they come up with a great plan!  Max is a fighter and I will continue to keep him in my prayers!!
    Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

• My thoughts and prayers are with you guys. Hang in there and keep us posted when you can. If there's anything you guys need, let us know.
  • imageMegs&Nick:
    I'm so sorry to hear this.  Max has proven time and time again that his is a fighter and I have every bit of faith that he will continue to fight and make it through this.  Sending lots of thoughts, prayers and hugs your way.  I hope you get some positive news today!

I have to agree with Megs here that he is a proven fighter and have proven this to you/us time after time. 

I also completely agree with your theory on the lung part. 

How much bigger would they like him to be for the transplant? 

thoughts and prayers!!

• My prayers are with Max.  He is a strong little boy.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • thoughts and prayers to all of you
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh my goodness, I hope things go well!  Your family needs a miracle...hope you get it today!  My prayers are with you!
  • Beth, I am saying a prayer for Max right now. I am so sorry. I can't imagine how fearful you must be right now. Please let us know if we can do anything. I am praying for your little man! ((HUGS))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"