Preemies

Where to find clothes?

Our little girl is expected to be no more than 3 pounds at birth due to her condition.  She isn't going to live very long but we still want to have some outfits for her because I just can't imagine it any other way.

Sooo, where do you get clothes for the little ones?

Re: Where to find clothes?

• I can't find it right now, but somewhere I have a huge list of preemie and micro-preemie clothing sites.  We ordered from several on the web and were hppy with them.  Google preemie clothes or micro-preemie clothes ... one of the brands we likes was called Preemiums ... but there were several others that were nice as well.  I'll be back home later today and will look to see if I can find my list.  Also .. you might look in the preemie resources on KellyMichelle's page .. find a post by her on this board and look in her siggy.  I think she has several listed there.

Good luck!

• ijackijack member
    Walmart actually has a really good selection of outfits (not just sleepers and onesies) in preemie size (I've found dresses there that are pretty cute). BRU carries some preemie clothes (mostly sleepers and onesies) as does the carter's store. There are a ton of places online (PP lists some great ones here https://preemieparenting.blogspot.com/2008/02/preemie-clothes.html) that might have slightly smaller clothes that will fit her when she is born (most preemie clothes go up to about 5lbs and were huge on my daughter when she was 3 lbs) :)
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi sweetie. I hope you guys are doing well...I love the picture of Megan! My parents found some preemie clothes at BRU and some at Wal-Mart. There's a store near us called Great Beginnings that has a big selection - they have a website, too.
  • Thanks ladies!  I've bookmarked this post so I can start searching for a few outfits I like.

Take care!

• Wal-Mart actually has the "Just One Year" sleepers in preemie sizes.  They also carry a Granimals line that has preemie stuff, onsies and pants.

On the back wall of baby stuff at Target, the Just One Year stuff has some pink giftsets that come in P (Preemie).  Baby Gap sells clothes up to 7 pounds, and they run quite small.  If you have a Carter's outlet nearby, they also carry a few preemie things.

BRU has a small preemie rack. 

Let me know if you have trouble finding anything.  I personally saw each of these things in the last week, so I know I can get them and send them to you if need be.

3/22/09 - Lily Grace, born at 33 weeks, 2 days
    9/12/14 - M/C @ 7 weeks, 1 day (ectopic)

• imageSBMBride406:
    Hi sweetie. I hope you guys are doing well...I love the picture of Megan! My parents found some preemie clothes at BRU and some at Wal-Mart. There's a store near us called Great Beginnings that has a big selection - they have a website, too.

Hey girl!  It looks like you guys are doing well.  That's awesome! 

We are hanging in there.  I'm just trying to make sure I have everything I want to have for her at the hospital and a girl has to have clothes you know :)

• imageSWMcFarland:

Wal-Mart actually has the "Just One Year" sleepers in preemie sizes.  They also carry a Granimals line that has preemie stuff, onsies and pants.

On the back wall of baby stuff at Target, the Just One Year stuff has some pink giftsets that come in P (Preemie).  Baby Gap sells clothes up to 7 pounds, and they run quite small.  If you have a Carter's outlet nearby, they also carry a few preemie things.

BRU has a small preemie rack. 

Let me know if you have trouble finding anything.  I personally saw each of these things in the last week, so I know I can get them and send them to you if need be.

We do have a Carter's Outlet along with Walmart, Target, and BRU.  I'll try all of those but if they don't work out I'll be back over here to see if anyone here is willing to let me send them money in exchange for clothes before she makes her grand appearance.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

• Send me a pm with your address and I'll try and find some cute things for you. Are you looking things she can wear in the NICU? Will you be able to bring her home (should I look for dresses too)? In the NICU they can only wear clothes that snap down the front (so the wires can remain on chest).
  • imageSBMBride406:
    Send me a pm with your address and I'll try and find some cute things for you. Are you looking things she can wear in the NICU? Will you be able to bring her home (should I look for dresses too)? In the NICU they can only wear clothes that snap down the front (so the wires can remain on chest).

Good point.  They do need to be able to open the front of anything she's wearing. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have a little pink preemie hat and blanket that I made - I would be more than happy to send them to you if you would like them.  Just send me an email at lifeinthenicu@gmail.com .

• SBM~ I friended you and I think you have to friend me back.  We should have been friends all along anyway :)

She isn't coming home most likely but I just want to make sure I have a few outfits.   You are both right they need to be easy access because even though she isn't going to the NICU either most likely her condition is going to make getting her in and out of clothing difficult but I still want her to have clothes.

Preemieparent~YGM!

• I'm trying to decide what would be best for her.  An open back dress might be good, so you don't have to manuever her arms and legs too much.  Sometimes you really have to bend their legs up to get them in the sleepers.  Onesies would be hard on her too, having to go over her head.  Even with a dress they could attach monitors to her if they needed to pretty easily.

• imageECUPirate04:

SBM~ I friended you and I think you have to friend me back.  We should have been friends all along anyway :)

I just added you:)

When do they think she will arrive? Are they expecting you will go full term?

• imagemrsmikey:
    I'm trying to decide what would be best for her.  An open back dress might be good, so you don't have to manuever her arms and legs too much.  Sometimes you really have to bend their legs up to get them in the sleepers.  Onesies would be hard on her too, having to go over her head.  Even with a dress they could attach monitors to her if they needed to pretty easily.

Yes. This is the dilemma on top of finding clothes small enough.  I figured I'd start by figuring out where I could find them small enough and then work from there. 

At one point I just wasn't going to put her in clothes and keep her wrapped up in a blanket but then I felt like i'd regret it forever so now I'm searching for clothes as you can see.

• imageSBMBride406:
    imageECUPirate04:

SBM~ I friended you and I think you have to friend me back.  We should have been friends all along anyway :)

I just added you:)

When do they think she will arrive? Are they expecting you will go full term?

Around 36ish weeks most likely. I'm not going full term most likely because we don't need a surprise delivery because waaay too many people are involved at this point.  So mid July.

• imageECUPirate04:

imagemrsmikey:
    I'm trying to decide what would be best for her.  An open back dress might be good, so you don't have to manuever her arms and legs too much.  Sometimes you really have to bend their legs up to get them in the sleepers.  Onesies would be hard on her too, having to go over her head.  Even with a dress they could attach monitors to her if they needed to pretty easily.

Yes. This is the dilemma on top of finding clothes small enough.  I figured I'd start by figuring out where I could find them small enough and then work from there. 

At one point I just wasn't going to put her in clothes and keep her wrapped up in a blanket but then I felt like i'd regret it forever so now I'm searching for clothes as you can see.

I think she needs a dress :)

• ijackijack member

Walmart has a ton of summer dresses in preemie sized. This is one I bought last year at this time (I'd send it to you except it's newborn sized)image

I'd be happy to go look for you if you need me too (they are also super cheap) :)  

Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • lemen99lemen99 member
    I'm so sorry to hear about your little girl.  :(
  • imagemrsmikey:
    imageECUPirate04:

imagemrsmikey:

I think she needs a dress :)

I think you may be right :)

• imagelemen99:
    I'm so sorry to hear about your little girl.  :(

Thank you.  It's not the outcome we were hoping for obviously but we will make it and she will be in a much better place.

• imageSBMBride406:
    I sent you a pm.

YGPM!  I went to lunch and had just gotten back sorry :)

• MIL got us preemie clothing at Baby Depot (Burlington Coat Factory) and Buy Buy Baby.  I know Carters and Little Me make preemie stuff, but you might want to search online since it is difficult to find in stores.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"