High-Risk Pregnancy

blood pressure

i went to dr 2 days ago and have high blood pressure. dr is worried since it's so early in pregnancy. just wondering if anyone else had this issue so early. he put me on low dosage meds twice a day, since it's what they call borderline and i will do a 24 urine analasis this weekend

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker

Re: blood pressure

• ME!
    I was prescribed meds probably 3 weeks ago now.  I cut a 100mg of Lababtol in half and take half in the morning and half at night.  I have done two 24 hour urines so far ... all is well.  The meds seem to be working as my pressure was down on Wednesday.  They did want to see me every week, but since I had a good reading last Wednesday they are letting me go every other for now.  They also told me later in pregnancy they would be monitoring the babies size since there could be restricted growth. 

I am trying not to overthink it too much.  I am taking it one appointment at a time!

Good Luck!

• Me too... My BPs started to be elevated at 14 weeks and have been creaping up since... which is particularly scary since I had pre-e before but I am being closely monitored and hopefully it is just PIH this time around.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had hbp before pregnancy, and so I've been monitored throughout... two 24 hour urines, etc.  Up until my last appointment, it was great. And my last reading wasn't TOO bad, 130/80, but I'm looking at meds soon as well.

Do you know what they put you on? Or did I miss that when reading the post...

• they have me on labetatol, 100 mg twice a day.

i didn't get dizzy like they said but i do feel a bit weird, (maybe jumpier than ususal)

if i read other post right, if you are closely monitered and do what doc says most of the time this is fully controlable right?

• spwspwspwspw member
    imageessey1234:

they have me on labetatol, 100 mg twice a day.

i didn't get dizzy like they said but i do feel a bit weird, (maybe jumpier than ususal)

if i read other post right, if you are closely monitered and do what doc says most of the time this is fully controlable right?

I really hope this is fully controllable.  I'm just a week ahead of you and I'm in the exact same position as you.  I was just put on labetalol 100 mg 2x a day and did a 24 hr urine collection last weekend.  My blood pressure has always been borderline even pre-pregnancy, so I knew it was only a matter of time.  The meds seem to be working well and my blood pressure has been in the 120s/70s, so I'm hoping that it'll stay controlled.  I just keep trying to remind myself that not everybody with pre-existing hypertension get PE.  

• well that's good news to hear. i wish you guys all the best. will update as i get more info
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"