Philadelphia Babies

Thoughts on daycares..

I've started the daunting task of choosing  daycare for this little one (yes I am early but I've heard places fill up quickly).  I have toured the Malvern School and really liked it..does anyone have any raves or reviews.  I am also scheduled to tour Chesterbrook Academy next week.  I have also toured two others that I am going to pass on..any assistance would be greatly appreciated! tia

Re: Thoughts on daycares..

• I have heard good things about the Malvern School.  We chose Goddard over Malvern though.  I have heard both good and bad things about Chesterbrook Academy.  However, that might have to do with the specific site more than the school itself. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wish I started this early!  I heard Malvern is really good.  I spoke with them this week and I am having info mailed out to me.  Chesterbrook didn't have room for my LO come this October.  So they are out at the moment.

What other daycares have you looked at?

• Loading the player...
  • I worked at Goddard years ago and love it..and when I went on the tour at Malvern it reminded me of Goddard a lot.  I would send my lo to a goddard in a hb but there really aren't any near us..the closest one is 15 minutes where the Malven school is a round the block.

I looked at Bright Horizons and a local non-chain one (which I hated).

• i am looking at malvern and chesterbrook out in Newtown square. my favorite was the malvern school, but it's also the priciest, -AND they said their rates are going up in Sept. so, i'm a little torn.
  • DD has been going to The Malvern School in Glen Mills for four months.  We couldn't be happier with the decision.   At the beginning (when it was so hard to leave her) I felt very welcomed.  It seems like the teachers really care a lot about the kids and take the time to ge to know their little quirks and personalities.  DD is always happy when I pick her up.  No problems.  

We also looked at Chesterbrook in Chadds Ford.  We were not impressed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"