Philadelphia Babies

Ob/Gyn or Midwives in philly - recommendations?

Can anyone recommend any ob/gyn or midwife practices in Center City or Northwest Philly?

Re: Ob/Gyn or Midwives in philly - recommendations?

• I go to Women's Medical Specialties at the Ben Franklin HOuse at 9th & Chestnut.  They are affiliated with Jefferson.

I have been totally happy with all my prenatal care and my L&D with DS.  The number is 215-955-5000.  GL!

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • My family (sisters, cousins, etc.) all use the Bryn Mawr Birth Center.  Its outside of the city, but it only takes about 20 minutes to get there from the NW neighborhoods.  Its a fantastic place, with a wonderful homey feeling in the delivery rooms, and access to the Bryn Mawr Hospital (which is almost across the street, its so close) in case of complications or emergencies in labor.   They recently celebrated their 7000th birth!  The midwives on staff are great - I've enjoyed my prenatal care and I'm really excited to deliver there (fingers crossed).  https://www.thebirthcenter.org/

A woman in my childbirth class is having a great experience with prenatal care at CHOP, which apparently has midwives on staff as well.  They are being extremely accomodating and supportive of her birthing plan (we're using the hypnobirthing techniques, which are fairly non-traditional for CHOP). 

• Loading the player...
  • I will be delivering at Hahnemann Hospital and currently I see Toba Spector who is a nurse practioner for my Dr. / OBGYN visits and there are a group of Midwives on staff and I am working with Megan Duffy.?

?

The practice is connected to Hahnemann Hospital at Broad and Vine in Fienstein Building. I never wait more than 15 minutes for my appointment. I have worked with Toba longer and I can say she is just great, easy to get ahold of and responds to my e-mails as quick as she can.

?

Good luck?

• imageeaglesfan700:

I go to Women's Medical Specialties at the Ben Franklin HOuse at 9th & Chestnut.  They are affiliated with Jefferson.

I have been totally happy with all my prenatal care and my L&D with DS.  The number is 215-955-5000.  GL!

I go to this same practice and all of the doctors are great! 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"