Baby Showers

Saturday or Sunday is better?

The girls throwing my baby shower is asking which day I rather have the shower... Saturday or Sunday?  What are your thoughts??

Re: Saturday or Sunday is better?

• We went with Sunday. In my opinion, showers are an early afternoon event. Ours is from 11am-3pm, with lunch being served at 12.

At least in our family, it seems that people can make those hours on a Sunday vs. Saturday.

But if you're having a less traditional shower (couples bbq etc) then it would be what makes more sense to that type of event.

• I prefer Sundays.  I usually have a lot going on Saturdays so a shower cuts into it.  However, I also don't go to church.  But a 1 - 4 shower on Sunday could work for everyone.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the responses!  I should add that it's an outdoor co-ed bbq w/beer, mixed drinks...  in August!
  • imagecherrykat:
    Thanks for the responses!  I should add that it's an outdoor co-ed bbq w/beer, mixed drinks...  in August!
    Well, in that case, Saturday would be fine! 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I hate being obligated to do things on sundays.  I just like saturday events better.  Sundays are spent getting ready for the week, making a nice dinner, or even the random day of chilling out.  I really like ones that are get in and out within a 3 hour span.  Quick and painless (that means no games) :)
  • I'd say Saturday, to accomodate the church-goers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sunday's worked better for me because I work Saturday and I know lots of people that work Saturdays. Sunday's are the easiest to have off. I think whatever works for you and your hostess.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My shower (a brunch) was originally going to be on a Saturday. Well, with it being wedding season and graduation season we decided that Sunday would be better. There were going to be a lot of people who couldn't make it if we had it on a Saturday, even at 11:30 AM. So Sunday Brunch is it is for us  :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker ashley jordan est. 06.07.08 | siesta key, fl
  • My shower (a brunch) was originally going to be on a Saturday. Well, with it being wedding season and graduation season we decided that Sunday would be better. There were going to be a lot of people who couldn't make it if we had it on a Saturday, even at 11:30 AM. So Sunday Brunch it is for us  :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker ashley jordan est. 06.07.08 | siesta key, fl
  • we also went with sunday due to so many weddings, etc. in the summer on saturdays.
  • I would defiently have it on a Saturday especially if it's a bbq type.  You might be having tons of fun, and want the party to keep going until later.

I would much rather go to a shower on a Saturday than Sunday.

• I'd vote for Saturday.  Then you have all day Sunday to play with the baby gifts before going back to work on Monday.
  • Personally, I like Saturday showers better.  We had ours on a Saturday.  I think they're easier if you have OOT guests.  Plus, Sunday is "family day" for a lot of people.

That said, Sunday showers are a bit more common (around here anyway).  As long as you're having the shower at 1 or 2, it should work ok for the church-goers.  I hate 11 am showers anyway - on Saturdays or Sundays!

One more caveat - with summer being wedding season, you may get a slightly better turnout with a Sunday shower in August.  Our baby shower was only in April, but we had two invited guests that couldn't make it because of weddings. 

So, I guess that doesn't really answer your question.  Just more observations to think about.  Wink 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I would say Saturday..we're doing the same BBQ idea and I think more people will feel more comfortable with Sat {Sunday the church folk might want to go straight home or not miss service and then worry about getting up on Monday morning}...have fun
  • imagejolis_petits_bijoux:

Personally, I like Saturday showers better.  We had ours on a Saturday.  I think they're easier if you have OOT guests.  Plus, Sunday is "family day" for a lot of people.

That said, Sunday showers are a bit more common (around here anyway).  As long as you're having the shower at 1 or 2, it should work ok for the church-goers.  I hate 11 am showers anyway - on Saturdays or Sundays!

One more caveat - with summer being wedding season, you may get a slightly better turnout with a Sunday shower in August.  Our baby shower was only in April, but we had two invited guests that couldn't make it because of weddings. 

So, I guess that doesn't really answer your question.  Just more observations to think about.  Wink 

I agree with Jolis, and another poster that Saturday is better because of OOT guests and Churchgoers!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"