Detroit Babies
Options

henry ford westbloomfield hospital experience?

Hey ladies!

?So i'm 38 wks pregnant, and due to deliver at Henry Ford West Bloomfield....problem is, since its so new, i'm pretty nervous at how they can 'handle' things in labor and delivery...does anyone know or heard of someone that gave birth there?? what was their experience like??

?

thanks?

Re: henry ford westbloomfield hospital experience?

• Options
    I have 2 friends that are delivering there- and I am so jealous! The facility is beautiful! I have heard very good things from both of them about the care they have recieved there thus far (both have done their classes, and prenatal visits there like their ultrasounds). I wish my doctor delivered out of Henry Ford, because I would be joining you there! I have been there for other treatment (pnuemonia a couple of years ago) and received excellent care. The nurses were very kind, and I was in and out in about 4 hours (at Beaumont, the diagnosis and breathing treatment took over 8 on a different occasion) . I am not sure how much this will help, but I hope it does! Good Luck and Congrats on being so close!!! Big Smile
  • Options

Hey there! I write for the Detroit Free Press, and I actually checked in as a "fake patient" when I was 5 and a half months pregnant *(I'm now 36 weeks) to get a preview of what it would be like. Once I got over the reality of having to actually deliver a baby soon, I really soaked up the surroundings.

It's a beautiful place with cherry finish armoirs, comfortable recliners and couches, a jacuzzi/hydrotherapy tub in every room, a sink/bathtub for the baby, blanket warmers, etc...And the beds are really comfortable and can be adjusted about a dozen different ways. Plus, the flat-screen TVs have movie channels, etc.. and the food is good (much of it organic). On top of that, the staff seemed really friendly and helpful---the midwives, too!

Regarding your concerns, many of the staff members have worked at the hospital system for decades; it's just the hospital facilities that are new and not the staff.

Make sure you tell your visitors to check out this store on the main floor called "New Blooms," which is just for new mommies, daddies and their babies. Oh, and because there's a spa there, it's possible to order a postpartum massage to your room, too. Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"