Working Moms

can we afford a baby?????

ok so we really want a baby, but we both work as chef's in a kitchen..... we have health insurance and life insurance through the company we work for but we dont have short term disability to help pay bill while I'm "out " having baby!!!!!! we can afford it just fine while I work, we dont have much in savings b/c we just bought a house.....Does anyone have anything that can help

Re: can we afford a baby?????

• If you can afford it while you are working, starting putting money back like a baby is already here.  Childcare, diapers, clothes, formula, medical expenses.  If you do that for nine months, you will have a nice savings on hand for when the baby gets here and you will not have a big budget shock because you will be used to paying the money out. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AlisaSAlisaS member
    No, you can't yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • if you are already pg, start saving now. Set aside money for baby stuff, bills, etc while you are working to cover the time you are off.

If you aren't pg, I'd wait. It's hard to stress about money and a new baby.

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • You need savings for a baby. Like, a LOT of savings. There are so many unanticipated expenses.

I would build your nest egg back up before you start ttc.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think a lot can happend before you actually HAVE the baby. It takes 9months after conception and who knows how long it will take you to conceive (took me 9 months). I would start putting away money into a savings account and then by the time you have the baby, you will have a nice little nest egg. But if you want to have a baby, I say why wait.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"