D.C. Area Babies

Wow...daycare (LONG)

So, a while ago I posted about a dilemma between choosing a center and an unlicensed in-home daycare. We chose the center, thank goodness, because the woman running the in-home place has turned out to be crazy! Below are just a few reasons:

1. Told us she would be gone July 15-August 15. We found alternate care and she forgot to tell us until a couple of days ago when we found out by accident that she changed her trip to July 1 - August 1. Big difference.

2. When we ended up choosing the center, especially because we needed care in July, she yelled at me, berating me for putting my child in daycare, for not telling her earlier, and for "losing her a lot of money." Now, we already paid for June, were going to have DD there in June, and gave her the 2 months notice she asked for. We did not break the contract.

3. Today she called and left a message that said simply, "I found a long-term person for the spot. I will not care for your child in June. Good-bye." This is FIVE days before we would have brought her in. THank goodness we disliked this woman so much after the above interactions that we'd found back-up care already. Can you imagine getting that call if you didn't have a back-up?????

Thankfully I LOVE the center and DD will be taken care of by family for the first month I am back at work and then only have one daycare transition when she is 4 months old. It all worked out for the best.?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Wow...daycare (LONG)

• Wow indeed! I'm so glad you guys found alternative care and are happy with the center choice. Ugh, it's scary how many people market themselves as "nurturing" childcare providers.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • wow, she sounds like a nightmare.

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow! Glad your arrangements for the center worked out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • She sounded crazy the first time.  Always trust your instincts when things don't seem right.
  • wow - other parents with kids in her care should be aware of how crazy and unreliable she is!
  • Wow, that's very frustrating that someone could be so unprofessional. I'm glad to hear you were able to get out of the situation and find something else.

We just signed up for center day care and I had considered an in-home to try and save money. However, I worried about the types of things that could go wrong if you we didn't get a good in-home provider. It makes me feel like I made the right choice to spend a little more for the added stability of the center.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • What a wackadoo.  I feel sorry for the kids in her care.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"