Stay at Home Moms
Options

Just got reminded my Sister-IN_LAW is all about herself sorry it long

We are a little behind with getting out Son Christened and are having him Christened were the in-laws live because that is where dh grew up and where we got married. So my Fil is going thru some health issues right now so we aren't having the lunch after the christening at there house.My bil and sil said we could have it there so my mil was talking to them about it and they said we could have the lunch there but my sil doesn't want to have to pay a penny for anything....btw her dh is the godfather..

Re: Just got reminded my Sister-IN_LAW is all about herself sorry it long

• Options
    Are they not in a place financially to pay for something extra like this? Maybe all she can offer is a place to have the party?,,,,,
  • Options
    I wouldn't expect anyone other than DH and I to pay for something like that.  I think it was nice of your SIL and BIL to offer their house.
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't expect them to pay for anything, it's your child being Christened not theirs.  The brother-in-law who is the godfather should give his godson a gift but that's it.  I think it's nice that they are offering you their home to throw the lunch.
  • Options
    It has been going on for years last year they were wondering if we had any southwest tickets and we said that we had 2 when we acctully had 4 they went to use them and they took all four without even telling us and they were supposed to give us something in return for them and it has been over a year and still nothing...not to mention the fact that the owe my dh 10 grant. we didn't expect them to pay for anything it was just how she said she didn't want to have to spend a PENNY ON ANYTHING.......
  • Options
    Does she have kids? Maybe she's the kind of person who can't stand to not have attention on her, thats why shes putting up a stink. idk
  • Options

We have desided to have the party at a restaurant and don't worry my SIL ALWAYS makes the party about her.....

• Options
    In all honesty, I cannot understand why this is upsetting you so much??  It is YOUR child that is being Christened, not theirs.  Why should they pay anything for it.  It was nice of them to offer their house for you to use.  I don't see how her saying that makes the whole party all about your sil.  I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I guess I just don't get it....
  • Options
    She shouldn't have to pay a penny.  It was very nice of them to offer their house but you should foot the bill for the food and drinks. 
  • Options

It is just how she brought it up we would NEVER expect them to pay for anything...

• Options

imageJerseygirl16:
    She shouldn't have to pay a penny.  It was very nice of them to offer their house but you should foot the bill for the food and drinks. 

agreed

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I get what you are saying. She is acting like y'all would expect her to pay for something when you weren't expecting it.

I agree it was nice of them to offer their house, but probably a much better idea to do the restaurant. I hope it turns out ok!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"