Blended Families
Options

Little annoying vent.

This morning SD remembered that she had her school pictures in her bookbag.  The way their pics work is that the school gives them to you and you keep what you want, turn in what you don't and pay for the ones you keep.  She does school pictures twice a year, one set in the fall and one set in the spring. 

She was at BM's for her fall pics and honestly the pics weren't that good so we decided not to get any, but did purchase SD a yearbook that had that photo.  For her spring pics she was with us and we got to pick her pose. 

SD hands me the envelope and I am looking through the pics and they look really good.  So I knew we would end up getting some.  Then SD says that BM wrote us a note of what picture she wants. 

This is the way the purchasing of the photos works.  THere are four sheets of pictures and one sheet of magnets.  Comprised of:

1 8x10

2 5x7

4 3X5

9 2x3

7 magnets

If you buy one sheet the cost is $12, 2 sheets is $24, 3 sheets is $36, 4 sheets is $48 OR you can get all 5 sheets for $40.

SD couldn't find the sheet from her mom so I didn't think about it again really.  I talked to DH and he looked at the pics.  We decided that we would buy all 5 sheets for $40.  Well, while he was at the convenient store I happened to look through the pics again and found BM's list.  She wants 1 5x7, 1 3x5, 1 2x3, and 1 magnet. 

I was annoyed because no where in the note was an offer to pay for ANY of the photos, nor was there any money given.  So, we are supposed to buy the photos and then give her the ones she wants.  I just thought it was rather rude of her to put it on us to buy her photos.  DH said he was going to text her and tell her she needed to pony up some of the money for the photos if she wants them.  I thought about it and told him not to.  It will only start an argument and it is $10 we are talking about. 

I think however, we are going to decide which pictures we want and then give her what is left since WE are paying for the photos.  She does this kind of thing a lot and it is annoying as hell.  I guess since they have 2 other kids that live with them they would rather spend their money on other things and we can pick up the tab for SD - which is fine, it is just the nerve of assuming that bothers me.  I know it isn't a big deal, but it honestly just reminds me how inconsiderate BM really is.

BTW - there has been NO mention of SD's phone not working.

Re: Little annoying vent.

• Options
    jaded99jaded99 member
    Lifetouch I presume?  DD's are the same deal each spring.  So I take it that BM wants pretty much one picture from each sheet.  Nice.  I'd just refer her to the website address that if I recall is on the envelope so she can order more.  Or, she can pay for half of the sheet that has two pictures, 1/4 or the sheet that has 4, etc.  Why should she get a customized package that is not available to anyone else?
  • Options
    taagenttaagent member

They are Lifetouch.  And yes, she wants one picture from each sheet.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Either ask for pics that she bought in the fall or "apologize" and say they are all accounted for and give her the website to order more.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    taagenttaagent member

She didn't order any from the fall because she said they couldn't afford it, but that we could order some if we wanted to (how nice of her).  I agree the prices are ridiculous! 

Honestly, if the magnets didn't come "free" basically, I wouldn't have purchased them.  How many magnets of your child, in the same pose does one really need?!  I was thinking of taking two of the magnets for us and giving BM the rest of them and whatever else is left.  If she doesn't like what we give her I will just have DH give her the company's website.

• Options
    I would give her a copy of the order form.  Tell her that you "lost" her list - but didnt want her to miss out on the opportunity to order them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Doesn't Lifetouch offer the ability to do re-orders online?  Point her in the direction of that web site.
  • Options
    jen5-03jen5-03 member
    Wait.... you get to SEE the pics before ordering??? Heck, even that would be fantastic. We have to order *when the pics are taken*, no late orders, it's a total crap shoot. This has been true for SS's school pics, DD's daycare pics, and even (way back when) my school pics. I'm jealous.
    - Jena
  • Options
    taagenttaagent member

imagejen5/03:
    Wait.... you get to SEE the pics before ordering??? Heck, even that would be fantastic. We have to order *when the pics are taken*, no late orders, it's a total crap shoot. This has been true for SS's school pics, DD's daycare pics, and even (way back when) my school pics. I'm jealous.

Yeah, when SD's school district switched to this company I thought it was pretty cool, especially since her pics don't always turn out great.  You also have the option to choose from 4 different poses which is also really nice.

• Options

Since you paid, I would just send her what you want or send her and the link to order more.

Don't even bother with the money. If you were going to get them all anyway and can afford it. 

Some battles are just not worth it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"