Alabama Babies
Options

WWYD (kinda long)

So, I have a trip in a few weeks for work.  It happens to be a paid trip home for me since it's in the same area.  I was planning on taking J with me, but last time we (DH and I) traveled with her, it was REALLY difficult.  It's not that she's bad, it's just really hard keeping her contained during 2 flights (no direct flights).  I've been thinking about just sucking it up and buying a ticket for her ($300), but even with that, DH isn't coming, and I'd be lugging her , her carseat, diaper bag, stoller, etc. around by myself.

Plus, my nieces' dance recital is that weekend, and I know J would not sit quitely through it.  And, I was thinking that it would be a nice getaway - some of my girlfriends and I have already been talking about a night out : )

I know, I know, it sounds like I already have my mind made up.  It's just that I know my family really wants to see her.  And, I would be gone for 4 nights -- which is the longest I've been away from her.  And, I was just away for 3 nights.  I don't know why, but I just feel torn and don't know what to do.

I get home about every 3 or 4 months for work, and thought about just going solo this time and taking her next time.  Hoping that being a little bit older, sitting still wouldn't be as hard.  Any thoughts???

Re: WWYD (kinda long)

• Options

I would probably go and take her - I know my mom would be really upset with me if I came home without the baby.

Get her some new toys that she hasn't ever seen before, maybe even consider giving her some benedryl to make her sleepy on the plane.

You can take a girls night out - just have your family watch her, I'm sure they will be happy to do it.

We are just going to check the carseat - so you won't have to carry that around.  

is she into movies/cartoons yet? maybe a portable dvd player would help?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"