Pennsylvania Babies

Anyone deliver at Hershey???

If so, please share your experience??   
BFP #1= DD, We've been TTC DC #2 since 8/11. BFP #2 on 4/18/12, BO confirmed on 5/21/12, natural mc 0n 6/1/12. BFP #3 on 10/11/12.... Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Anyone deliver at Hershey???

• Not yet, but I'm going to.

For a brief review of labor & delivery (what we learned on our tour last week), see here.

FWIW, a friend of mine delivered at Hershey and had a great experience, regardless of 22 hours of back labor followed by a c-section.  Dr. Davies and a resident delivered for her, and she said both were great.  She said the nurses were absolute angels and got her through the process.

Some people are turned off by the fact that it's a teaching/research hospital (students or residents will likely participate in the process to learn), but I like that about the Med Center.

Other thing to consider, if it matters to you, is that they rarely call your doc for delivery.  The staff rotates, so you'll get whoever is on call.  No big deal to me, since I'll take anyone who knows more than I do. :)

• I delivered at Hershey and I had a great experience.  My experience was a little different also.

I had an emergency c-section at 34 weeks only after Jeanie in Maternal-Fetal Health caught a major problem with lack of blood through the umbilcal cord.  The hospital staff was wonderful.  Jeanie went above and beyond since the doppler study on the umbilical cord was not ordered.  I had Dr. Botti and Dr. Lisa ?? do my c-section and it went very smoothly.

The nursing staff was A++++ anything I needed/wanted they were right on top of it.  My son was in the NICU and the NICU is a scary but wonderful facility.  I dealt with the LC, both were very professional and very helpful.

If you have any specific questions, I will try and answer them, as I said my experience was totally out of the ordinary, but if I was to have another child, which I'm not, I would be back at Hershey in a minute.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered at Hershey and and had a great experience! The dr's, nurses, residents were all wonderful. Like pp said it bothers some people that it is student teaching hospital, that didn't bother me at all. They did not call my OBGYN dr, so whoever was on call delivered Makayla. When/if we have another child, I will be going back to Hershey.
    Matt and Krystal 9-18-05
    DD 1/29/07 -

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"