Orange County Babies
Options

PSA: Motherhood Maternity Store

This is about the one is in the Shops at Mission Viejo. 

My mom purchased a Mother's Day gift for me as a present from one of the Motherhood stores in So. Cal.  I didn?t try it on the day I got it because we were having a big family event and thought, well if it doesn?t fit, it should be okay to return.  WELL... not so much.  I tried it on this past Saturday and realized that the top doesn?t fit.  My mom didn?t give me the receipt, but I checked on their website and noticed that it was still a current item in stock, so thought, I will just take it back and exchange it. 

I was surprised to see probably the most ghetto store in the mall.  Sloppy clothes thrown everywhere with the 3 workers (manager included) standing around talking about the last times they got written up.  One for spending too much time on the phone while in the store and the other for spending too much time with her boyfriend in the mall bathroom.  WOW!  So anyways, I asked if I could exchange the outfit for one that fit or at least something else, to which I got a do you have the receipt and has it been less than 10 days?  That has to be the dumbest policy I have ever heard.  10 days???  I think my mom bought it at least 10 days before giving it to me.  I have worked retail in the past and I always thought the standard was at least 30 days.  Not only was the policy assinine, but the delivery from the manager and workers was extremely rude.  UGH!  So long story short, I still have the outfit that doesn?t fit because I didn?t have the receipt.  I told them that would not shop in that store during the entire length of my pregnancy and was floored to see such an unkempt store in the middle of Mission Viejo.  I thought I would share my experience, if you are buying a gift or shopping there for yourself, make sure it fits or it?s yours, no exceptions.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PSA: Motherhood Maternity Store

• Options
    What a bummer! :( You could try the one in Anaheim Hills, it's usually super clean and the staff has always been really helpful.
    Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • Options

Ditto. ?Maybe try a different store?

FWIW, they've always had a crappy return policy. ?I remember this from back when I was pregnant with #1.?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, I think I am more mad at the crap return policy then anything else.  I should have been able to at least exchange it for a size that fit me.  Ughhh... what a pain.  I sent a complaint to their district manager, maybe I will get somewhere with that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Their return policy is the main reason I do not shop there. I would go on their website and post a complaint stating what happened. You should get a response from that.
  • Options
    I won't shop there for my next pg because of their return policy. And if the item's on sale, they won't take a return at all. I shopped old navy instead. You'd think in this economy they'd want happy customers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Making lefse at the cabin **Scott 6/8/96** **Avery 7/24/08** **Brendan 7/15/10**
  • Options

I avoided Motherhood my entire pregnancy. I had the same rudeness at the store in Mission Viejo and Westminster Mall.

I shopped at Gap for some work maternity clothes at great sale prices but overall I did not like how maternity clothes fit me. I got away with just buying large size women clothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"